• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

buy Frontline on line?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Anyone know of a reputable site that has a decent price on Frontline products?

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
K9 Advantix is a better product overall for protection. If you are looking to purchase based on cost, then use the Frontline Spray. It is the same product as the Frontline in the individual packages, and is much more cost effective than the individual packages. Junk......

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for the info Junk.
I was shopping for price. The vet rapes you on the frontline stuff. I'd never heard of the FL spray or the other product you mentioned.
I like the 30 / 60 day FL application cycle. Easy to remember and apply. I'd guess the spray has to be applied more often ...but I'll look into it as well. We put the last packet of FL on Bailey (our great dane) last night. You have to put so much on a dog that size that I can see where a spray might be an advantage since it would spread out better.

buckle97

SUPER Site Supporter
Seems like it wasn't long ago that Frontline and the like were only available for purchase from a veterinarian. Am I remembering correctly? I saw Frontline and K9 Advantix at the Co-Op the other day and they were reasonable priced.

Lawrence

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
The manufacturers try to restrict the sale to only veterinarians, however, these are insecticides and are not under the FDA control. If Meriel, the manufacturer of Frontline finds a veterinarian reselling in bulk, they shut down the supply, however, they have not been successful overall. I don't know how it is being diverted, but it is. Almost all product sold by outside sources is branded for sale in the US. In the past, there was a lot of imported product that didn't have the EPA registration numbers on it like the US product. There has also been a lot of talk of counterfeit product, but I have never heard of any first hand, and I am in the trade....... Junk......

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
We sell all the insecticide products in the store. On average, we have about $10 profit margin selling at the prices that you can get from Pet Med Express on line. If I could get the product directly from a veterinarian, then we could sell them for a lot less. The veterinarians make about 50% profit margin selling for Pet Med Express prices. Many of the vets are selling for a lot more than you can buy it on line, so that is where our customer base comes from. When people decide that they need the product, they don't want to wait a week to get it, so paying the additional sales tax of 5% is worth it for the instant gratification. As you can see, there are also places on line that sell for less than Pet Med Express. The places that sell for less, I have contacted and they won't discount beyond the website prices, so I believe that they have a limited supply and have to eek out every last penny in there sales. I try to order early in the season to get the best price, and since it is an imported product, the price has a lot of fluctuation as to the global value of the US dollar on the exchange market....