• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Anybody use a XM repeater for indoor use?

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I have XM satellite use in my vehicles and really like it. About a year ago I bought the MyFi (or something like that) hand held unit to use outside and (supposedly) inside. It really does work if you are close to a southern window or on the top floor of your house. However, if you are inside a steel barn or downstairs in a 2 or more story house, forget it! I've read that this repeater is what I need. Here is what I bought XM Repeater. Does anyone have any hands on experience with them? It seems like it would work. Thoughts? :confused:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I use a SKY FI2 in my office. My window faces west. The building is steel with a brick veneer. The antenna faces west and works fine. No clue about the 'repeater' but it makes sense that it would work. Let us know!!!