• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Stimulus checks boost child support

American Woman

Site Supporter
http://www.embarqmail.com/news/read.php?id=16365026&ps=1011&cat=&cps=0&lang=en
BOSTON (AP) — Deadbeat dads and moms around the country are discovering that their economic stimulus checks from Washington — intended to encourage the purchase of TVs, cars and other goods — are being intercepted and funneled toward the support of their children.
Treasury Department figures obtained by The Associated Press show that more than 1.4 million of the checks have been seized since the payments began last spring, and a total of $831 million has been collected by child support agencies nationwide.
Ned Holstein, founder of Fathers and Families, a Boston-based organization that supports the rights of fathers, said the seizing of economic stimulus checks ignores the fact that most fathers who owe child support are earning little.
"We're trying to support very poor people, the mothers and children, from the pocketbooks of other very poor people," he said. "There are those who are just downright avoiding their child support payments, but there are many more who just can't make their payments."
I may sound cold hearted here, but too bad if the deadbeat parent is too poor to pay their child support. What's wrong with them getting their lazy arse out for a second or third job? It's not like their kids need them at home. I worked 4 jobs, taking time away from being the best parent I could to my kids, because of a butt hole like this.

American Woman

Site Supporter
That's what I thought....Some question the idea of the stimulus check was for boosting the economy. I don't see where you wouldn't call this boosting the economy. Just somebody else spending it. And then some states held the checks for 3 months or more before passing them on the the needy parent.