• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Let's see your pet!

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
First picture is Bertie, second is Helen, they are my goats! I have 11 sheep but didn't fancy chasing them round the field with a camera! The last picture is of my guinea pig, Squeak. Timba, my dog decided that she wanted to have her photo posted again - so... And in reply to johnday, she has a lovely temperament and she is big, weighs in quite heavy, judging by when she stands on my foot!

Attachments

• Bertie 1.jpg
    Bertie 1.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 163
  • Helen 1.jpg
    Helen 1.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 167
  • Squeak 1.jpg
    Squeak 1.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 161

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Timba posing for yet another photograph! Proper poser!!!

Attachments

• Timba 1.jpg
    Timba 1.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 166

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
After looking at everyone else's posts, it dawned on me I hadn't shown any of my true buddies.

I'll starty out with the dogs.
First one is 110# of solid Malamute, Una, she's my big girl.
Next is Spike, my Border Collie, removed him from the home of a crack dealer.
Third is Suzie, my 16 year old Black Lab, doing what she does best.

Attachments

• Pic583 (Small).JPG
    Pic583 (Small).JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 156
  • Pic574 (Small).JPG
    Pic574 (Small).JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 155
  • Pic576 (Small).JPG
    Pic576 (Small).JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 152

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
This is Ernie, Lhasa Apso/Poodle? He's our latest rescue.
Second is Tommy, out enjoying the sun.
Third is Lucky, a rescue that came to us pregnant. She gave us two kittens.

Those aren't even a good start on the cats. At last count we've got 16 of them, everyone a rescue. May be 17 soon. We've got a young black male hanging out. He spends his nights out in the barn with the guys.

Attachments

• Pic578 (Small).JPG
    Pic578 (Small).JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 157
  • Pic584 (Small).JPG
    Pic584 (Small).JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 158
  • Pic589 (Small).JPG
    Pic589 (Small).JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 156

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here are a couple photos. Misha is on the loveseat wondering when she gets to open a gift. Crapweasel is on the tile begging.

Attachments

• aMisha-Christmas.jpg
    aMisha-Christmas.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 154
  • acrapweasel.jpg
    acrapweasel.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 159

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
"Crapweasel"? Bob - I suspect the lovely Mrs_B does not approve of that name! On the other hand, I think it is highly appropriate!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That is the name I gave it, that is the name I call it, that is the name it comes to when I call it. My daugther is not allowed to use the name so she calls it the same name that the lovely Mrs_B calls it. I prefer not to mention that name as it evokes thoughts of evil and demons. So it is Crapweasel. And I'm sticking to that!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mith said:
Cant you get Misha to eat it?

She found out that he tastes funny and she keeps spitting him out :eek:

Attachments

• IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0013.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 141

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
you all know I love cats. This is munchkin, doing what she now does alot, choosing my desk as her place.

Attachments

• munchdesk.jpg
    munchdesk.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 128

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Ah ha! I knew that there would be some cat lovers on here! I have a question for you guys in particular. Is it cruel to have a 'barn cat'? One that is supposed to kill the mice, moles etc. and live outdoors; like in my barn? I had two Shelties for nearly 15 years and up until the last year or so they kept my yard clear of those darned moles. They were allowed a run of about 12 acres or so within an Invisible Fence, and they kept basically all of the moles out. I don't really want to get another Sheltie for this purpose because my "girls", as I called them, kept my lawn looking like the face of the moon. I don't know which is worse, the moles, or what's left behind after my dogs got the moles.

Any ideas if a cat would be good for taking over this job? I tried keeping a cat once before, but the damned thing kept trying to get into my house. It was never allowed there, but it still tried. It ruined several thousand dollars worth of doors and door frames before it lost it's happy home. Would all cats be that bad about wanting to go inside with me? That would never be an option, so I'd just have to opt for no cat if that is the way most are.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dargo, If you have moles then you have grubs in your soil. Rather than getting a cat, why not get GrubX or a similar product and treat your lawn? Get rid of the grubs and you will get rid of the food the moles eat. You'll also eliminate a lot of pesky non-beneficial beetles the the grubs turn into.

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Hey Bob. Is there room for 2 crapweasels in this world? Thanks to you, that's what I'm starting to call Ernie. He seems to like it though!:yum::tiphat::beer:

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Dargo,

As long as the cat can get in out of the weather, they are good to go. We have outside and inside and both. Some cats dont come in at all, some in all the time and one that is both.........he is our longest living with 13.5 years with us.

All of our outdoor cats have caught mice and moles. The only trouble I had was they would not eat them, but would bring them up to the patio for us to dispose of.

I also second getting rid of the grubs, that will work also.

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Ice Queen said:
ddrane2115 that cat is waiting to pounce on a mouse!!

That is one spoiled cat, thanks to me babying her as I do. Had her quite a while, she was a orphan, bit the hell out of me when I did catch her. I tossed her in a garbage can to get her off me, she never did bite again. She is my shadow for sure.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
If you let a cat outside, put a BELL on its collar and make sure it is FIXED.

Feral cats are a huge problem in many states. They are great predators and will destroy the natual phesant, quail and woodcock (timberdoodle) populations in an area. In fact Wisconsin we debating a "cat" season a couple years ago because there are no natural predators to feral cats in the US.

We had a timberdoodle nest in the yard and it was destroyed by a cat, the bird was killed and eggs crushed but uneaten (a racoon would have eaten the eggs). Several pheasants have been found in what appeared to be an "explosion" of feathers. One of our neighbors allowed their housecats to breed wildly and left them outside. The damn things became feral and have terrorized the area ever since. Several neighbors set traps, others shot them. Some still exist. But their numbers are reduced. Don't bring in cats and then create a new problem. Be responsible.

P

Pigtails

Cat loves heights!!

Attachments

• PA250002a tippi.JPG
    PA250002a tippi.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 112

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I have to second most of what Bob said. I of course don't support killing any animal, but that is personal. Fixed and a bell would be needed for outside cats.

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Pigtails,

We have the same refrig ornament, sometimes it is black and white, sometimes gray.........depending on who gets there first.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
ddrane2115 said:
We have the same refrig ornament, sometimes it is black and white, sometimes gray.........depending on who gets there first.
They are not dumb animals, they know where all the good food and :drink: are kept.

Hutchman

Site Supporter
My wife is a member of an organization here called A Voice For Animals. One thing they do is-they go around to farms with lots of barn cats and they trap the kittens. They have volunteer vets who fix the kittens and they either take them back to the farm or send 'em to New York. Something about New York laws that they can't breed cats or something but they'll take all the kittens they can send. Puppies also, but no adults.
Hutch

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
My wife is a volunteer at Alley Cats Advocate here in Louisville. They do basically the same thing, to over a hundred cats a month. It is a big operation with lots of volunteers. It is pretty cool what they do

Hutchman

Site Supporter
Danny, usually the cats caught here in Bowling Green are transported to Louisville for fixin' before sending them off to NY. Hutch