• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The Snow Cat and our Family

nutsster

Our family likes to go to a nearby sledding hill with friends or relatives. :smileywac We love to use the snow cats to haul supplies and people into our cabin in the back country. However, it also works great for loading up all the kids to run to the sledding hill. I would like to have others post pictures of their snow cat usage. :weneedpic

IMG_1334 Standard e-mail view.jpg

IMG_1333 Standard e-mail view.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
nutsster said:
I would like to have others post pictures of their snow cat usage. :weneedpic
Ours is strickly a recreational use snowcat. For the most part it has been limited to the farm fields of northern Indiana. I do have ideas to trailer it up to Wisconsin and Michigan, but have not managed to find the time in our family's schedule to make a trip. I had real hopes of trailering up to Michigan to meet up with "Teeoster" he had invited me a couple times, the holidays were just too hectic to do it, and he invited me again for a couple weeks ago but surgery on my feet got in the way of that and now my snowcat season is over because I'm off my feet for 6 weeks. :smileywac

The only so-called work I've ever used it for was a failed attempt to tow a stuck Jeep CJ out of a small ditch in some lowlands where its transfer case was hung up on a root. To my knoweldge, the CJ is still there.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 198

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I have used our cat for delivering kids to the top of a sled run to delivering groups of skiers to remote cabins. Most importantly my wife and I had our 10 year anniversary where we used the cat to access some back country with other friends. Theres a story around here somewhere about it.

First 2 pictures are 10th Anniversary
Pictures 3 & 4 are the Yellow Snow Ski Club trip

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 197
  • attachment-1.jpg
    attachment-1.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 199
  • attachment-2.jpg
    attachment-2.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 196
  • attachment-3.jpg
    attachment-3.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 188

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I use the Imp for dragging logs. We usually cook lunch out in the woods and do a little driving around.

Attachments

• pixImpwithlogPLOP.jpg
    pixImpwithlogPLOP.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 193

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
So far I have used my Kristi KT7 to store money in . Unfortunately I will never get it out again .:snow2_smi:

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Mine is just sitting in the barn with its top off waiting for me to store more money in, just like Big Al. Are we daft or what?