• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Brake Controllers ........

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
................ What ya got? What ya like? Pros, cons? Timing, inertia, proportional or hydraulic?

Got a 12K trailer to be used on either a 1 ton or 3/4 ton truck.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
................ What ya got? What ya like? Pros, cons? Timing, inertia, proportional or hydraulic?

Got a 12K trailer to be used on either a 1 ton or 3/4 ton truck.

Mine came factory built in on my 2006 F250 Ford . Man , I love that thing ! Even tells me on the dash if the trailer becomes detached from the hitch .

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mine came factory built in on my 2006 F250 Ford . Man , I love that thing ! Even tells me on the dash if the trailer becomes detached from the hitch .

Thanks Al .................. errrrrr, am I missing something ............ :yum:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks Al .................. errrrrr, am I missing something ............ :yum:

Thought you were talking about the brake controller on the truck :unsure:.Sorry :doh:

I don't like the hyd style brake controllers they use on the rental trailers .Never seem to get it set right . Is that a better answer ??? :smile:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Tekonsha Prodigy.

Very happy with it.

Same here. I know I asked about here before and everyone liked the Prodigy. I have hookups for it in both my truck and SUV and just plug it in as needed.

It's my first and only controller and so far has worked well.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I just installed a small reese brake controller in the durango. It seems to work fine. For the 2-3 times a year I haul the camper it does the job.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
proes and cons all brake controllers are electronic some have pendulum's and some just progressively brake. the tekonsha Brand is what we used to use when I installed trailer hitches great bang for the buck, you wont find any hydraulic brake controls any more as they don't play well with abs brakes. if you are using a boat trailer you have I choice hydraulic surge brakes I like these on very thing they are simple and are reliable but they have a tendency to lock the brakes when empty the biggest draw back is one has to exit the vehicle and lock the coupler to back up. most of the oem guys now have the brake control programed into the bcm like allens ford (fu**** old rebuilt dodge) hope this helps you.

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter

I guess you Ford guys need that. I personally have never had difficulty telling when I lost a trailer. :whistling::whistling:

Sorry I couldn't help myself! :doh: