• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Done painting! Never doing that again...

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I like the look of rough sawn cedar but I never want to stain it again :hammer:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 51

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah, I say the same thing every time too. But it looks great MD! Job well done. :thumb:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
That's one of those jobs you need to be careful and precise while doing it, or you make one hell of a mess. Four car garage...did I ever tell you that I hate you?:wink::yum:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Four car garage...did I ever tell you that I hate you?:wink::yum:

Uh, I think there are 5 doors and the last one is up?

None the less I am a bit jealous as well, especially since there is an upstairs apartment as well....

Good job Bob!:flowers: Take some thing for the body aches....

Regards, Kirk

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
5 garage doors on the front (last door is open in the photo), 1 on the back making one of the bays a drive through bay. Also, bay 1 has a cathedral ceiling above it with a car lift so I can double stack vehicles, and that is adjacent to the workshop area. Bathrooms upstairs and down. Whole building is air conditioned and heated. With the shop and first 2 bays having its own heat/AC zone for my working comfort.

Oh, and there is a 3.5 car garage attached to the main house too.

Hate me any less now?!?

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I hate the fact that you had the time to do it. My house is four years overdue to be painted. I'm probably going to have to break down and hire somebody this fall. :(

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hate me any less now?!?

Mel, I never did.

You've done well for yourself, and it shows. Many here can say the same thing, but in differing ways. What is important to one may not be to another. Our priorities are our own.

I just dream occasionally about a man cave like yours. But realize that it could be attainable, but not practical for me in the end. I am to the point how ever it is becoming harder to house all the "stuff" in my life. I need a place for a basket case 74 T/A I would like to own, (4 Speed) but am having a hard time with were to store it till it can be worked with.... I really need another building...

Regards, Kirk

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Little bits at a time over several days!!!

I over-did it yesterday because I just wanted to get it over with and that is what caused my muscles (what few I have) to react by puking inside my body and causing all the pain. But as to finding the time, it worked out best for me to do a couple hours at a time and break the project down into manageable chunks. Soffits/eves. Trim. Clapboards. Each wall was treated as an entire project. So I worked on 1 wall at a time, but then only one task too.