• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Fryday's honey BB wings

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
I love them. They come Microwavable with about 9 in the box. Well I eat them a lot.. and know how to push the buttons on the microwave.. but the other week, I had 3 too many beers. (maybe 6 too many) and pushed the buttons wrong. Then I'm sitting here in front of my computer, and all of sudden see smoke rolling out from the kitchen! I all of a sudden realize my Frydays's chicken is overcooked.
The plate I had em on cracked in two - and there was about 2 ounces of grease under the turntable below.

What do you think tsaw learned from all that?

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Option 1
Microwave wings with 3-6 less beers

Option 2
Microwave wings on a microwave safe plate

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That your should have a backup package of wings for such an event.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Read the friggin numbers before you push start. Wife has a bad habit hitting 30:00 instead of 3:00.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I love them. They come Microwavable with about 9 in the box. Well I eat them a lot.. and know how to push the buttons on the microwave.. but the other week, I had 3 too many beers. (maybe 6 too many) and pushed the buttons wrong. Then I'm sitting here in front of my computer, and all of sudden see smoke rolling out from the kitchen! I all of a sudden realize my Frydays's chicken is overcooked.
The plate I had em on cracked in two - and there was about 2 ounces of grease under the turntable below.

What do you think tsaw learned from all that?
:mellow:
How long do you figure they were in the microwave? 30 minutes?
First of all, how could there be smoke rolling if you overdone them in a microwave.
I'd think they'd simply just cook to the point of turning into jerky on the bone and dry out down to nothing.
Grease under the turntable would have burned perhaps.
Maybe that's where the smoke came from.
Thank God you didn't do them in the oven.

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
This really happened. I never mentioned it before because I was too embarrassed.:hammer:
When I said the grease was under the turntable,
I meant to say UNDER the cracked plate ON the glass turntable. If you doubt this is possible, go buy one of them $1.00 black made in china plates at Walmart, put on a package for 30 minutes and see what happens. :yum::yum:
I promise you wont make chicken jerky.
Oh.. and I do have a smoke detector, but I pulled the battery the last time it went off from cooking in the oven broiler.:hammer:
:mellow:
How long do you figure they were in the microwave? 30 minutes?
First of all, how could there be smoke rolling if you overdone them in a microwave.
I'd think they'd simply just cook to the point of turning into jerky on the bone and dry out down to nothing.
Grease under the turntable would have burned perhaps.
Maybe that's where the smoke came from.
Thank God you didn't do them in the oven.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Oh.. and I do have a smoke detector, but I pulled the battery the last time it went off from cooking in the oven broiler.:hammer:

i know this is late, but is the quiz still going?

my answer: maybe Tsaw has learned that he shouldnt be cooking. :neutral:

at least, IVE learned that Tsaw shouldnt be cooking:yum::yum::yum::yum:

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for digging up this embarrassing post.
BTW.. I've NEVER done nothing like it since.
:bangin:

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
so how many times, then? :hammer::yum::yum::yum:

Well, sometime around 2002, in the middle of winter, I put a Rib eye steak on the oven broiler. I passed out drunk while it was cooking. There was a layer of previous grease on the bottom of the drip pan from cooking many steaks. The stupid damn thing decided to catch on fire! I don't know what woke me up. The smoke - or the sobering up while sleeping in the recliner in the living room. But the smoke was thick, and the knobs on the oven were smoldering. I had to trash the cook stove and buy a new one. Luckily. I had a powerful fan to suck out all the smoke.
So there. Only Twice!:clap:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
damn straight. and i was usually able to get to the door when it came. sans-pants from time to time, but i got to the door :yum::yum: