• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Gun registration linked to income tax returns?

Bulldog1401

Anybody seen my marbles?
SUPER Site Supporter
I heard today that the Obama administration is trying to ramrod through mandatory registering of all guns and linking it to tax return forms. I admit it sounds far fetched, but I am not suprised at anything I hear about them now. Could someone better in the know than me comment on this please? Thanks.

Bulldog1401

Anybody seen my marbles?
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks for the link. I had already checked it out there. I don't hold snopes as always completely reliable in many areas. A lot of times it comes down to wether or not they could find anything out themselves or not. I think they put an honest effort into it, but are not all encompassing. Thanks again for your link. Does anybody know anything further?

It seems that it may be an attempt to federalize many things already required by states.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This WAS a REAL proposal but not under the Obama/Pelosi/Reid administration. It was introduced quite a few years ago, but it NEVER got anywhere and had no support.

This is not anything for us to currently be worried about.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
This WAS a REAL proposal but not under the Obama/Pelosi/Reid administration. It was introduced quite a few years ago, but it NEVER got anywhere and had no support.

This is not anything for us to currently be worried about.

OK Bob ???? I want to ask . Who was in the presidents seat when this was introduced quite a few years ago ??? Clinton or Bush ???

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
OK Bob ???? I want to ask . Who was in the presidents seat when this was introduced quite a few years ago ??? Clinton or Bush ???

I'm guessing it was right after Chaney shot that Lawyer.....:yum:

Having said that, I would put a whole dollar it was a Democrat that tried to get it into the books. Don't matter who was President, it never made it to the floor. I remember when it first hit the internet though, it was a hot topic for about a min or so, but lives on in lore.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Ran across this info when I was looking for something else. Isn't that always what happens when you surf the net?

from the NRA-ILA web site:

"Blind Alleys On The Information Superhighway" by Chris Cox

There actually was a bill called S. 2099 that would have taxed handguns--nine years ago. It was introduced by anti-gun Sen. Jack Reed, D-R.I., and it would have included handguns under the National Firearms Act’s tax and registration scheme. This has nothing to do with anyone’s Form 1040, of course.

Fortunately, S. 2099 disappeared without any action by the Senate, back when Bill Clinton was still in the White House. We reported about it back then in our Grassroots Alert, just as we report about new anti-gun bills every week. But today, this old news is just a distraction from real threats.

Bulldog1401

Anybody seen my marbles?
SUPER Site Supporter
Thank you to all who posted and helped dispell this concern. I heard it over coffee and didn't know anything about it or the history. Thanks again. :thumb: