• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1964 Thiokol 1402 #35

LeeFree3

I just bought my first Imp. I’m starting to go through it. One problem is that it won’t shift into fourth gear. Any experience out there that might help?
1964 1402 OC4
Thanks
Lee

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have an imp.

fourth gear does not seem to have much throw to it. (compared to 1-3)

I would go to the back and see if it is there by hand on the short shifter directly out of the transmission.

One of the imps I bought was from a LMC dealer parts guy, he said the little bolt in the transmission cover really mattered for locating the shift plate and forks, maybe yours is missing?

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Lee, You shore someone didn't change the differential from a oc-4 to a oc-3? on the case top does it show a 4 speed, and the shifter should be on the side. I'm sure there might be some local imp owners that could help you out. Don

LeeFree3

Don ( loggah )
I have been trying to find your phone number... sent a FB message to your wife.
I have been quite ill.. so haven’t been working on the Imp.

I did check out the rear end, it is a 4.

I hope to be working on it again next week... would love some guidance !!

Lee