• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

NBC’s Home Invasion Defense: Wasp Spray, Treat Invader ‘Like Royalty' + NO GUNS

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
NBC ran a 4 minute segment during their "TODAY" morning show about what to do when you have a home invader.

LINK TO STORY & VIDEO => http://www.today.com/news/home-invasion-jeff-rossen-shows-how-protect-your-family-1D80117494

Have your car keys on your nightstand ... so you can make your car horn beep by pressing the button.

Use WASP SPRAY instead of MACE or PEPPER SPRAY, even though its against federal law to use Wasp Spray and its also neuro-toxin so its ill advised to use it in a confined space/indoors.

Oh, and if those things don't work, treat the invaders like royalty and don't lie to them. In fact tell them where all your valuable are in the house.

Now I don't know about anyone else, but my car's key fob has a range of about 25 feet. My bedroom is roughly 50 feet away from the garage. Not sure how pushing the panic button on my key fob is going to help me. And not sure how it would help anyone who lives in an apartment. Or a multi-story building.

And they NEVER mention having a gun handy :hammer:
How to protect your family from home invasion
Jeff Rossen and Jovanna BillingtonNBC NewsSep. 9, 2014 at 7:40 PM ET

In June, an intruder broke into Sandra Bullock's Los Angeles home and got within steps of the star's bedroom. On Aug. 14, NBA star Ray Allen's family was hit, waking up to find seven intruders in their Coral Gables, Florida, home. Not even the Kennedys are immune: On July 15, an intruder got into their sprawling compound in Hyannis Port, Massachusetts.

According to the FBI, nearly 50,000 robberies within residences (the bureau's classification for home invasions, not all of which involve violent entry) occurred in 2011, or about 135 per day. In July 2013, Susan Dawson came face to face with an intruder in her Fountain Hills, Arizona, home.

"It was absolutely one of the most frightening things I've ever gone through," she said. "I went, 'Oh my gosh, who are you?' He took a couple of steps and punched me in the nose, and down I went."

The attacker tied Dawson up and ransacked her home. "I laid there and he'd keep going through the bedroom looking for stuff," Dawson said. "What I was thinking of most is, 'How is he going to kill me?'"

To suggest a topic for a Rossen Reports investigation, email us.

So how can you get your family out of such a situation alive? Wallace Zeins, who was a New York police detective and hostage negotiator for 22 years, says you may have an excellent alarm system at your fingertips that you haven't even thought about: Electronic car keys with a built-in alarm.

"Most people don't realize this, but they leave their car keys downstairs," Zeins said. "Bring your car keys up. Alarm systems are very expensive, and this is a loud one. All you have to do is hit the keys. They don't realize it, but it's the best alarm system, and doesn't cost them a penny."

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
N...B...C.....are ass holes.......bet their tec.. adviser was Biden!!!!:yum:

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter

I'm not impressed by Wallace Zeins, even if he was a defective on the police farce. Some of his advice is inane, some is illegal in most places - and likely as harmful to the homeowner as the intruder - and it is all predicated on being robbed by a nice person who has no mental problems and is not on drugs. Good luck with that.

I believe I'll rely on my in-home security team ... Smith & Wesson.

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Mom and I rely on our old fuddy dudy Mr Glock he aint fancy but he works:smile:

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
We have Shep.

Attachments

• guard.jpg
    guard.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 96

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
You guys have covered all my options except that once the bad guy gets past two barking dogs and eludes Mr S&W and Mr Taurus he has to face Mr Winchester, 20 gauge pump. It might seem like overkill but you never know, there may be more than one. :smile:

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
You guys have covered all my options except that once the bad guy gets past two barking dogs and eludes Mr S&W and Mr Taurus he has to face Mr Winchester, 20 gauge pump. It might seem like overkill but you never know, there may be more than one. :smile:

I was presuming one Bad Guy. If he brings a Friend that could very well end with Mr. Sig Sauer and Mr. Mossberg joining in
the fray.
:smile: If he brings even more Friends, Ms. H. Richardson and her beau, Mr. Hi Point, might have to be invited! :brows: