• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Basketball Hoop

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm in the market for an in-ground basketball hoop. I'm looking at the clear plexi-glass or tempered glass backboard. Tempered glass is heavier, and because of that sites that carry it say it's better. I'm not convinced. Then I find sites that give you the choice between 1/2" plexi glass or tempered glass :confused: ... what are the advantages and disadvantages of each???

All of these systems are expensive. The best are priced above $1500. I'm seeing mid range prices from $800 to $1100. I would like to find an adjustible sytem for less than $1000. But there are so many of them. I had never even heard of most of the companies making these, but Hoosier and Goliath appear to be pretty good as do Hydra Hoops and Pro Dunk and Wilson.

Have any of you installed one of these systems? I'm looking for recomendations and any other info that might help with the buying decision.

Cityboy

Banned
If you or your kids really enjoy shooting hoops and you know you will use it a lot, I would go for the quality goal that will hold up year after year. Nothing is more aggravating than a crappy goal. So, basically, your answer depends on how serious you are about your game. Think 5-10 years into the future.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I found one that looks promising. I'll be ordering the begining of next week.
www.jumpusa.com has hydra rib hoops. They look good and sturdy ...not that we'll be dunking with the rim at 10 ft.
Here's a link too the hoop setup:
http://www.jumpusa.com/bballhoopsj.htm
I'm looking at the hydra rib 825 $899.00 includes shipping.