Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN

Go Back   Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN > Snow Trac ST4, Kristi, Thiokol/LMC, Tucker, Bombardier & Other Snowcat Discussions > Snowcat Adventure & Usage Forum

Snowcat Adventure & Usage Forum Snow Trac, Kristi, Thickol/LMC, Tucker, Bombardier stories & discussions

Old 06-28-2006, 11:11 PM
Back On Track

Thanked 1,162 Times in 425 Posts
mtntopper is on a distinguished road
Default New Snow Cat Trailer

The old DMC hydraulic tilt trailer was about 2 feet too short for the new VMC with the 6 way blade. Went to town yesterday and bought a new Featherlte 5595 STL goose neck trailer. Been looking and thinking about a new equipment trailer for a couple years. It is 19 feet with a 5 foot beaver tail and slide in ramps. Effective length is 24 feet with this style ramp and raised platform on beaver tail setup.

I tryed to talk the wife into a new King Ranch diesel to pull the new trailer and that went over like a lead balloon on a little string....Now I am in the dog house for the next six weeks!!!!! Oh well...

Look out BigUglyAl, I now have the trailer to bring the competition to the shoot out at the ranch this winter....
Name:  5595-5.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  35.7 KB

Name:  5595-6.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  39.1 KB

Old 06-29-2006, 12:19 AM
Super Moderator

BigAl will become famous soon enough
Default Re: New Snow Cat Trailer

Verrrry Niccccce Bill ! That should handle just about anything .Is it big enough to carry Bob and Mike's broken toys home too????

I just have the little two axle trailer (bumper pull)for my KT7 and a old (very old )tilt trailer made by the Kristi Company for my KT3 .

Disclaimer: Read with caution !!
Poster may be Bad Speller at times .
Old 06-29-2006, 01:00 AM
Bronze Member

mkntrakes is on a distinguished road

that lookes like a nice trailer a couple of things to consider if you store the ramps in holder in winter they pack with slush then freeze in . also you will have to put some traction aids on sleel deck on so cat can climb on to trailer when wet
Old 06-29-2006, 01:19 AM
Super Moderator

BigAl will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkntrakes
. also you will have to put some traction aids on sleel deck on so cat can climb on to trailer when wet
The best thing I ever did was paint my steel deck trailer with a "grip paint" I got at Home Depot . It wears like iron and has just enough sand in it that you cannot slip ,no matter what .

I will be using it on all my trailers decks ,from now on .

Disclaimer: Read with caution !!
Poster may be Bad Speller at times .
Old 06-29-2006, 09:42 PM
Back On Track

Thanked 1,162 Times in 425 Posts
mtntopper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkntrakes
that lookes like a nice trailer a couple of things to consider if you store the ramps in holder in winter they pack with slush then freeze in . also you will have to put some traction aids on sleel deck on so cat can climb on to trailer when wet

I am use to crawling up the perforated steel deck on the full tilt DMC trailer. The ramp angle on the new trailer is much less. I went with this style ramps and raised platform on beaver tail to gain more usable deck space. Yes, the ramps stored underneath will freeze in cold weather. I will carry a large bar and pipe to pry with and this will free the ramps if frozen. Could always toss the ramps on the trailer deck or in back of the truck if conditions warrant.