• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

snowtrac sprockets

brianf

what is the availability of sprockets for snowtrac machine, believe 1967, also did they come with soft top or removable piece on roof, just looking at this machine to see if it is worth buying

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
the sprokets can be cast member jimvt has some one who can duplicate the old lyndon sprokets for the 2 band machines the north pole foundry can also cast new ones based on the origional pattern for both the three band tracks and 2 band models the early snow tracs had a canvas cover over the hole in the top most of those have been replaced with py wood and 300 h&h did one better by putting a metal cap over the ply wood to seal it up real nice.

brianf

this machine is 2 band track, but with sprocket issue may not be worth buying unless I had parts machine, some one used light plexi glass in roof, will never take snow load with out breaking

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
what does he want for it to have sprokets made is about 900 bucks a set of 4 brad also has a water jet and can cut them out of uhmw with a good pattern i had entertained having him do some for me but it cost way too much unless i cand get a bunch cut at the same time. because the time is all in the set up once the machine is set up than every set after that will drop the price get some pics so we can see the wear the teeth will start to break off between 5/16 inch and 1/4 inch other wise the may look thin but will function just fine

brianf

he is asking $7000 obo, machine is very clean , needs sprockets and probally tires, but everything else seems ok. little things to fix but nothing major,

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
i don't know thwer are some nice machines in kenai that are ready to go for that price