• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

SNOW TRAC AND SNOW MASTER MEET

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Hello,
I just wanted to put this out there. How about a Snow Trac meet? Lets get some locations of people with Snow Tracs/Masters and see what we can do to get a meet together. I know in Colorado we can rent cabins for a weekend that are only accessible with Snowcats. Or we can meet in Nevada and rent a bunch of rooms and leave and go explore during the day. Whatever. Lets gets some ideas going out there.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'd love to try it but I think distances for many are simply too great. I think we've a couple members are in Alaska, another in British Columbia, you are in Utah, I'm in Indiana, antoher is in New York. And don't forget about members in France, Poland, England, Iceland, and New Zealand!

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
We have two members in Nevada (I'm in Nevada too) I know Dave is in Colorado. Just a thought. Maybe we should ask memebers where they are? I know where "Dmiesner "is located. He is just down the road from me. Just a thought. I have seen on other forums where they have a pin map. A pin is placed on the map according to your Zip code. Maybe we could do that?

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We already have a members FRAPPER map set up. Doc set it up. It would be easier to simply add to the map that already exists.

Here is a link to the Forum Frapper Member Map

You can see that is is not close to complete. We have well over 200 members, but just over 50 have posted their locations.

For folks in Europe, Australia, etc, use the scroll arrows to get to other areas of the map.

:tiphat:

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Crater Lake or Paulina Lake in central Oregon is nice. It's the only National Park/National monument that allows this sort of machinery. The ST4 Owners club had it's first meet at Stampeed Pass, where I 90 crosses the Cascades, near one of the members private cabin. We gave out awards for: Nicest Paint, Nicest Engine, Most Original equipment and an award for Driving the farthest to make the meet. Only 6 machines showed. In subsequent years we have been meeting at Ron Hoffman's family cabin, near White Pass, also in Washington. Yellowstone is a long haul, but we took a couple of machines there 3 winters ago. What we found is that many of the owners do not have the proper transportation set up to go long distances. Eventually the club got down to just myself, Earl and Ron, as we all had healthy truck and trailer set-up's.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
What ever happened to the club? Maybe we can use the forums to restart it right here!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Snowcat Operations said:
I'll join! I would love to go to Crater Lake in a Snow Trac! That place is Beautiful.

Yea me too ! I'll even put my old ranch in Idaho up as a meeting place . Its kinda central . You got guys all the way around me who have machines . I have 100's of miles of forest roads . It is surrounded by 3 Wilderness Areas plus we got the hot springs down the road 26 miles. In fact, they even have little cabins their to rent .