• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Life's a circle

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Nice thread, Cory you rock and you know what my family has been thru, so we know your pain, and what you are going thru. My dad died 5 years ago this coming Jan 1, will never forget the last nite when I said goodbye, not knowing it was the last time I would see him alive.

I have no doubt he is not suffering now, can walk now, does not need braces or a wheel chair. All that matters now.

American Woman

Site Supporter
Nice thread, Cory you rock and you know what my family has been thru, so we know your pain, and what you are going thru. My dad died 5 years ago this coming Jan 1, will never forget the last nite when I said goodbye, not knowing it was the last time I would see him alive.

I have no doubt he is not suffering now, can walk now, does not need braces or a wheel chair. All that matters now.
I envy my brother and sisters that said their good byes and went home and wern't in the room at the end. I have said it a hundred times....I was STUPID for hanging on to the promise of not leaving him. If he had known what was to come he would have made me promise to leave with them

American Woman

Site Supporter
I stress that so maybe someone in the same situation will give it a second thought.
We have to know when to let go of some of the promises we make.

Trakternut

Nuh-uh. No way! :hammer:
Hey Corey?? Do you think you really could leave him alone in those last hours? I think I know that answer.

American Woman

Site Supporter
Hey Corey?? Do you think you really could leave him alone in those last hours? I think I know that answer.
No....not me at that time. I was fierce about my promise, and the weaker he got the stronger I became. I just hope MY kids hear me and don't go thru it. If I have presence of mind I will make them leave. It's hard enough to say goodbye.

Trakternut

I hear what you're saying. However, I hate to see anyone die alone. If I'm in the position you were, I think I would have to stay by until the last breath. If I didn't, I'd feel like I'd left something very unfinished with my loved one. One must do what one feels right at the time.

American Woman

Site Supporter
A part of me is honored that I was there for his ending like he was my beginning. The first part of my poem is him comforting me as a baby. I believe our death here is a birth on the other side. The end of my poem was me comforting him when he needed me. The "others" waiting were loved ones that left before him.

urednecku

Site Supporter
Yes, I also was with my Daddy at the end. We made the decision to remove life support, as his condition was "not compatible with life", as the doctors put it. I can still see, feel him struggling to hang on, to breath. I had to tell him it was OK to go, that I would take care of Mama. I watched him relax at that time.

Yes, I also know the feeling. The hurt. The comfort. The closure. And several more emotions.

American Woman

Site Supporter
Yes, I also was with my Daddy at the end. We made the decision to remove life support, as his condition was "not compatible with life", as the doctors put it. I can still see, feel him struggling to hang on, to breath. I had to tell him it was OK to go, that I would take care of Mama. I watched him relax at that time.

Yes, I also know the feeling. The hurt. The comfort. The closure. And several more emotions.
Your Daddy was a good man. An old fashioned God respecting cowboy. This is why you are special.....If he did anything right it was you.