• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

National "Men Make Dinner" Day 11/06/08

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not sure how you folks are celebrating this fine day, but I've got some veggies roasting in the oven now. Turnips, Parsnips, Potatoes & Onions, seasoned with garlic salt, basil and tossed with olive oil. A pork roast is marinating in spices. A loaf of "thaw & bake" garlic bread is thawing on the counter, some cauliflower & cheese is ready to put into the microwave, and a fresh salad is waiting in the 'fridge. A bottle of white wine is chilled.

http://www.menmakedinnerday.com/home/index.php

Did I mention the pink roses in a vase? :wub:

What the heck is ‘National Men Make Dinner Day’?

Whoah! Put on the brakes! Stop right there! Freeze! Ask yourself THIS QUESTION:
Are you a man who makes dinner on a regular or semi-regular basis?
If the answer is ‘YES”, do not go any further!

National Men Make Dinner Day is NOT for you! May we suggest another website. Something like www.fark.com. Its really funny.

Ok, now since you’ve continued reading, we assume that you are a man who NEVER cooks. And that you fit the profile of the ‘men’ who have inspired this once-a-year occasion.

The ideal participant in ‘National Men Make Dinner Day’ is the man who:
helps with household chores has a sense of humour and is a great all-around guy loves his wife/girlfriend, kids and pets…BUT NEVER LEARNED HOW TO COOK, and is somewhat afraid of the idea.

Officially celebrated on the FIRST THURSDAY OF EVERY NOVEMBER, ‘National Men Make Dinner Day’ is for you!!

One guaranteed meal cooked by the man of the house one day of the year!

See what other people are saying about Men Make Dinner Day here.

As featured on...
Newsradio 620 KTAR Phoenix Arizona
ABC Radio Network ‘Satellite Sisters’
WABC New York City
WTAQ Newsradio Green Bay Wisconsin
WVOC 560 AM Columbia SC
Country 93.7 Kansas
WBAP News/Talk 820 Texas
939 Bob FM Ottawa

As seen in...
Mens Health Magazine
Teen People Magazine
American Scouting Magazine
The Star-Banner (Florida)
Chases Calendar of Events
Byrnesmedia.com
Wilmington Star
www.epicurious.com
www.associatedcontent.com
and thousands of blogger sites around the world!

Send a National Men Make Dinner Day e-card to someone you love at
www.bluemountain.com!

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Oh, man! Skurka, May I join you for dinner! That sounds absolutely delicious!

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Pork Chop stirfry; I should have opted to checkout the Fark link, but believe the rice is nearly ready!

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't you dare tell my wife this day even exists :yum:

But anyway, at the time you posted this, I was attending my third meeting of the day not even thinking of dinner. SOME people have to work.
Dolly won't let me cook dinner anyway. We have a lot of agreements around here. She does laundry and I wear it and then take it downstairs. She cleans and fills the trash and I take it out. She washes dishes and I am sure to dirty them as long as I put them in the dishwasher. And last but not least, she cooks and I eat it.
So I guess our duties are about 50-50 around here. She's been happy with it for 19 years, who am I to argue? :w00t:

Oh yeah..........she does NOT have to help mow or plow snow. I give her a break there.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Not sure how you folks are celebrating this fine day, but I've got some veggies roasting in the oven now. Turnips, Parsnips, Potatoes & Onions, seasoned with garlic salt, basil and tossed with olive oil.
A loaf of "thaw & bake" garlic bread is thawing on the counter, some cauliflower & cheese is ready to put into the microwave, and a fresh salad is waiting in the 'fridge. A bottle of white wine is chilled.

I just stole your veggie roast recipe.:smile:
Sounds wonderful.
I hope Mrs.S was pleased.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I cook dinner once in a blue moon and if the microwave is broken, we eat out. I did do it this week after she finished working all day at the polling station but usually when people ask me if I cook I say, "Nope, I'm an end user not a producer". It's worked well for 30 years so why change a wining combination. :tongue:

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
When I do dinner it is like this................hello honey, where would you like to eat this evening? she then tells me where to go...........for dinner...........

Yes I can cook, yes I have done dinner, no I dont do it now. paid my dues, got the check, now we are spending it.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I just stole your veggie roast recipe.:smile:
Sounds wonderful.
I hope Mrs.S was pleased.

Well by the time she got home the aroma from the veggies roasting had filled the house with a wonderful smell. The plates were on the table, all arranged nicely. Napkins neatly tucked and folded under the silverware.

She was happy enough that she cleaned up the mess I made in the kitchen after dinner! :chef: