• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Virginia town where Red Hen refused to serve Sarah Sanders is trying to recover its i

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Virginia town where Red Hen refused to serve Sarah Sanders is trying to recover its image
By Kathleen Joyce | Fox News

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...h-sanders-is-trying-to-recover-its-image.html

A small town in Virginia is attempting a reputation makeover after a restaurant in the area infamously refused to serve White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders in June.

The area's regional tourism board is pulling together emergency funds to boost its digital marketing campaign, the Roanoke Times reported Sunday. The money is normally saved, however, officials agreed the region is in desperate need of positive coverage after the Sanders controversy.

The tourism board serves Lexington, Va., where The Red Hen is located, and other communities that are about three hours from Washington, D.C.

Following the incident, the tourism board was flooded with thousands of calls and emails -- and the complaints are still coming. The office received a letter Thursday from a Georgia family that wrote to say it would never return because of what happened.

“For a town our size, it was a significant impact,” Patty Williams, the director of marketing, told the Roanoke Times.

In June, Sanders tweeted she was told to leave by the owner of the restaurant because she worked for the president.

“Last night I was told by the owner of Red Hen in Lexington, VA to leave because I work for @POTUS and I politely left,” Sanders tweeted at the time. “Her actions say far more about her than about me. I always do my best to treat people, including those I disagree with, respectfully and will continue to do so.”

Following the tweet, social media users took to the Red Hen’s Facebook and Yelp pages to bombard it with one-star ratings and bad reviews. Some Trump supporters also flocked to the restaurant in protest after news broke. The restaurant closed its doors for nearly two weeks after the controversy broke.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I feel bad for the other shop owners and restaurants in town.

They are not to blame but are being hurt because of the actions of the asshat owner of the Red Hen.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Virginia town where Red Hen refused to serve Sarah Sanders is trying to recover its image
By Kathleen Joyce | Fox News

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...h-sanders-is-trying-to-recover-its-image.html

A small town in Virginia is attempting a reputation makeover after a restaurant in the area infamously refused to serve White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders in June.

The area's regional tourism board is pulling together emergency funds to boost its digital marketing campaign, the Roanoke Times reported Sunday. The money is normally saved, however, officials agreed the region is in desperate need of positive coverage after the Sanders controversy.

The tourism board serves Lexington, Va., where The Red Hen is located, and other communities that are about three hours from Washington, D.C.

Following the incident, the tourism board was flooded with thousands of calls and emails -- and the complaints are still coming. The office received a letter Thursday from a Georgia family that wrote to say it would never return because of what happened.

“For a town our size, it was a significant impact,” Patty Williams, the director of marketing, told the Roanoke Times.

In June, Sanders tweeted she was told to leave by the owner of the restaurant because she worked for the president.

“Last night I was told by the owner of Red Hen in Lexington, VA to leave because I work for @POTUS and I politely left,” Sanders tweeted at the time. “Her actions say far more about her than about me. I always do my best to treat people, including those I disagree with, respectfully and will continue to do so.”

Following the tweet, social media users took to the Red Hen’s Facebook and Yelp pages to bombard it with one-star ratings and bad reviews. Some Trump supporters also flocked to the restaurant in protest after news broke. The restaurant closed its doors for nearly two weeks after the controversy broke.

I'm familiar with the town, the restaurant, and the situation. Restaurant owner not only refused service at the request of one of the chef's, who refused to cook for the party, but then organized a protest party which followed the Sanders party from restaurant to restaurant and protested every restaurant they tried.

Lexington is a small town, but not that small. Home to Washington and Lee University. The Red Hen owner also has a knit shop and had something to do with the pussy hats.

The tourism board's bitch is with the Red Hen bitch, not the tourists. I've heard nothing about the board telling the bitch to STFU.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I think they're getting a really strong feel of the law of unintended consequences. Too bad it has to affect the whole business community but if you sleep with dogs you'll get fleas.
Mike

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think they're getting a really strong feel of the law of unintended consequences. Too bad it has to affect the whole business community but if you sleep with dogs you'll get fleas.
Mike

The people I feel sorriest for in this case is the B & B where the Sanders party stayed and were treated wonderfully. The owner also recommended the Red Hen. Bet that won't happen again.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

The tourism board's bitch is with the Red Hen bitch, not the tourists. I've heard nothing about the board telling the bitch to STFU.

She was the head of the Chamber or the downtown business committee or something like that. She was asked to resign shortly after her public hissy fit. Now I'm not sure if anyone said to STFU, but they did remove her.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
If I were a business owner in that town adversely affected by that bitch, you could count on old TR marching into that restaurant and telling the bitch to STFU. Money and business comes first. Political horse shit has NO place in the business world. You shut up and do your job. If the bitch ain't got enough brains to know that, she has no business running a business.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
She was the head of the Chamber or the downtown business committee or something like that. She was asked to resign shortly after her public hissy fit. Now I'm not sure if anyone said to STFU, but they did remove her.

That's true. I'd forgotten that. Downtown business association I think.