• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Do I? or Don't I??

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
:unsure:Ok..... here's the deal .
I have been given a brand new Quonset hut . Complete with end walls and doors . It appears it is about 24' x 44' .Its been sitting for 12 years on pallets and God only knows where the plans are .

Now hear is the problem . I have 60 acres and cannot , for the life of me figure out a place to put it ???? I know what I want to use it for . A storage shed for our new trailer . The problem is I don't know if I like the idea of a Quonset hut next to my other buildings that all match in design ???? I know ... I am being way too picky .

Tomorrow , I am taking a truck , tractor and chain saw down to cut a path to where it is stacked .The trees are 20' high that have grown up around it . Its all there . end walls and doors . I'll put it on my 20" equipment trailer for now .

I figure that building is worth $5 grand at least . Maybe more .
Decisions decisions ..........:unsure:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Put it against your tree line and paint it camo. No one will see it unless they run right into it.

leadarrows

Hard to say with out pictures. I would butt it up against the back of my shop and put an overhead door on that end.

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
Just assemble it inside one of your other buildings & you'll never notice it not matching.

Let me know if you need any more questions answered..........glad to be of help when I can. :yum:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
" I'll put it on my 20" equipment trailer for now . "

It may be a little long for such a short trailer.....:hammer::yum::yum: I would place it where it does not require a bunch of excavating to level a site and you will have easy access with the camper. Would be nice to make it drive through instead of having to back it in.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
from what i'm told no property tax on them because it is portable.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a novel idea Allen leave it on the trailer just send it up to ne I could use a nice shop and trailer. Thanks Allen nice to have friends like you

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Now hear is the problem . I have 60 acres and cannot , for the life of me figure out a place to put it ???? I know what I want to use it for . A storage shed for our new trailer . The problem is I don't know if I like the idea of a Quonset hut next to my other buildings that all match in design ???? I know ... I am being way too picky .
Poobah,

If I were in your shoes I'd load that thing up on the trailer and put a "For Sale" sign on it (and/or list on Craigslist or whatever).

Take the $5K and start to build something that meets your exact needs, is of new materials, has the proper look for your homestead... When you're done, you'll be happy. No sense in grimacing or cringing every time you look at the quonset hut thinking about how it looks out of place but "you made do". Heck, even if it was a pole building without sides, it may look better with your trailer underneath.

Don't those old huts sweat a lot on the inside? Hate to have all that moisture on your camper.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Poobah,

If I were in your shoes I'd load that thing up on the trailer and put a "For Sale" sign on it (and/or list on Craigslist or whatever).

Take the $5K and start to build something that meets your exact needs, is of new materials, has the proper look for your homestead... When you're done, you'll be happy.

You know, if you talk around a subject long enough, sooner or later the best solution comes to the surface. I think that you just did it. :clap::clap: