• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Going to the gym and chiropractor's office this morning.

Bill Schafer, who is running for congress is going to be in Council Bluffs this afternoon, so I will go see him to show my support. He is a retired 32 year Army colonel and combat Veteran. He is a constitutionalist, so I've given him several donations and helped put up signs for him.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Our gyms and services like chiropractor and physio are still closed. Well, some are open but by teleconference only. Can't wait to get back to normal and I can go again. Oh well. Making the best of it.

First weekend at camp was a success despite the restrictions. No gatherings of more than 5 people. Outhouses are closed for the season. Docs are closed to swimming. Nice to see everyone again after a long winter and 2 months of staying home.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
To be honest I don't know if gyms are open again in Texas or not. I do know that the one that we used has closed its doors for good and won't be reopening. It won't affect me all that much as I only used it during the winter. The rest of the year I get my workouts by working outside but spring start up was a booger if I didn't exercise during the winter.

Today is a beautiful day with sunshine and no wind. It could be a spraying day while I let the pasture dry out some after all the rain this weekend. We'll get back to mowing tomorrow.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
FWIW ... Gyms in my state are still closed until May 24.

When they reopen customers are only supposed to use Every-Other machine. And mandatory sanitizing of all machines after each use, by the customer. People are supposed to stay 6' apart, etc.

My fencing club falls under the gym/fitness center rules. We are not even bothering to open because we can't fence unless we get a bit closer than 6 apart. We also can't give much of a private lesson from 6+ feet away. So we are staying closed until the next phase, when more restrictions are lifted.

As for TODAY:

Sunshine but we got 3" of rain in the past 48 hours so the ground is a little bit moist.

Went to a big garden center with my wife, they open at 7am. Got there about 7:30 and it was already fairly crowded. Bought the last of the veggies for the garden. Hoping to get them in the ground in a couple more days. Trying to let things dry out a bit before even going down the hillside.

Also bought a bunch of interesting Hostas. We have quite a few varieties of Hostas planted around the property and I spotted some that I thought would add to the look of the flower beds. Bought 10. Planted all but 2 of them. While I was planting I also dug up, divided and replanted some existing Hostas. Not sure where I will put these last 2. Both are going to be very large, 48" across, both with leaves that are 8" to 10". So both are pretty much showcase plants. I'll have to think about good spots so they can be seen.

Also took out 2 landscape boulders. Smaller one was about 80#, bigger boulder probably close to double that weight. Just rolled them out of their spots. They were originally situated next to a Mugo Pine. As the pine grew, it spread over the tops of both of these. Of course the bigger one was farther under the pine! Anyway, both are now positioned so that I can pull the tractor's front bucket up to them and haul them to a new place. Hopefully not a new hiding place.

Not sure what i will do this afternoon. Might go for a motorcycle ride after lunch???

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Back home from camp. It's another sunny day. Both my wife and I are home. Me permanently and her on leave with pay due to covid. Our 16 year old is back at work at the restaurant. So we joke with him that he's holding the house together and is now the working man of the family.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
The weather was beautiful but the ground was too wet to go mow so I spent the afternoon spraying herbicide. I got 200 gallons out and to be honest I don't know if it will do any good but it is done. There is not supposed to be any rain for around three days so it has a chance.

We'll get back to mowing tomorrow and try to keep from dropping the tractor in to the lake. Man, it's scary on those slopes.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I was just observing the swampland out back.
This rain has been something else!
I've now got two days off, will probably go grocery shopping today and clean my apartment.
Ty has pics of the flooding on his property.
The ducks aren't impressed.
They think they have 2 ponds now.
:smile:

20200519_060236.jpg

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
For lunch I will be traveling a bit to meet with a forum member here I have not met before....

Lenny and I will be talking about politics and so much more. :thumbup:

I am looking forward to meeting him..

Regards, Kirk

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
For lunch I will be traveling a bit to meet with a forum member here I have not met before....

I am looking forward to meeting him..

Regards, Kirk

:clap:

Get pics together.
Wanna see those faces!
:mrgreen:

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter

Regards, Kirk

That should get our blood pressure up! LOL

Looking forward to it. A pleasant 40 mile drive each way to the Chuckwagon Restaurant in Adair, Iowa, which is right off Interstate 80.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
It's been raining here for days now. Too wet to dig post holes and cut brush. So,,,,,,,,,,,,,;
I'm going back to work at the plant.

My son had to leave for CT for a week. He has been running the Packaging plant solo for four weeks now. It will be interesting to see the evidence of his touch.:unsure:
:clap::applause: OR :shitHitFan:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It's been raining here for days now. Too wet to dig post holes and cut brush. So,,,,,,,,,,,,,;
I'm going back to work at the plant.

My son had to leave for CT for a week. He has been running the Packaging plant solo for four weeks now. It will be interesting to see the evidence of his touch.:unsure:
:clap::applause: OR :shitHitFan:

Hoping for :clap::applause: :th_lmao:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Another beautiful day outside. What was supposed to be a quick trip to the city this morning to pick up a battery for one of the quads turned into a painful 3 hour ordeal. 30 mins waiting outside to get into the store. 20 mins to get what I needed. 40 mins waiting in line at the check out. Then I get to the truck and check my receipt and they charged me twice for the battery. Back in line for another 45 minutes to get to customer service for a refund. Fun like diarrhea.

When I got home, I got to work moving a pile of landscaping bricks to line a fire pit in the back yard.
ad00ef61b3994445cea861dc5067ffaf.jpg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Another beautiful day outside. What was supposed to be a quick trip to the city this morning to pick up a battery for one of the quads turned into a painful 3 hour ordeal. 30 mins waiting outside to get into the store. 20 mins to get what I needed. 40 mins waiting in line at the check out. Then I get to the truck and check my receipt and they charged me twice for the battery. Back in line for another 45 minutes to get to customer service for a refund. Fun like diarrhea.

Brian, I think you are enduring what they euphemistically call, "the new normal."

Missouri has been on partial lockdown since March. As of last weekend it went to careful cautious re-opened.

Oddly, during the shutdown, MENARD"S was open for business. Just walk in and buy whatever from lumber to carpet to pet food, to groceries and furniture. Today when I entered they had new limits.

No one under 16 in the store and one HAD to wear a mask. Cleary over 16 I still was turned away. Had to walk all the way back to my truck. fortunately I was wearing one all day at work so it was just a matter of getting on.

Same deal at the Grocery Store which changes the rules virtually every time I visit. Before, mask was optional, now it is mandatory.

Sucks!

This reminds me of when I was a child and was told during a nuclear attack to hide under my desk. Even at the ripe old age of8, I knew that was silly. But the fear was installed in every child that Russia was gonna drop a bomb.

Fear.

During the 9/11 crisis we were told to fear Al Ciada and Muslim extremists.

Fear.

Now we are told to fear China's Covid-19 and our neighbors.

fear.

When did Americans lose their courage? Their independent spirit? Their willingness to take risks?
Answer,,,;
When so many of them became convinced our government was the source of solutions to their fears.:hammer:

Perhaps we have become like sheep locked in a barn on fire, afraid to leave.

Prove me wrong

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Stopped raining here today and the sun came out. The new water pump/timing belt kit for the Suzuki showed up today and will install it tomorrow. Next time I go to the mountain I will take it with me.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I wish I could.

The concept of 575(?) folks controlling 300,000 million is mind boggling to me.
Even moreso that they listen and obey.

As far as I'm concerned this plannedemic/scamdemic is over.
I do have to obey Dear DeWine concerning state rule for where I work, Dr. Acton...
Well, I won't go there.

There is talk of the second wave.
Sure, maybe in China.
It's likely not even a second wave, if you compare it to the first wave that was blown way out of proportion.
It's turned the world on it's ear.

I had someone tell me this last week:
"If this viral pandemic were really as bad as "they" want us to believe it's been, every God damn one of us would know at least 5 people on a personal level who have had IT or have died from it, regardless of locale".

That said, I have baby robins in a nest above my porch light.
The mother hates me going out there.
:bolt:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter

When I got home, I got to work moving a pile of landscaping bricks to line a fire pit in the back yard.
ad00ef61b3994445cea861dc5067ffaf.jpg
Got the new fire pit going.
ec54a61a65b09e8778effd1f6f4e0875.jpg
527402996a7ff7bfeaafafa714be50d9.jpg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
As far as I'm concerned this plannedemic/scamdemic is over.
I do have to obey Dear DeWine concerning state rule for where I work, Dr. Acton...
Well, I won't go there.

There is talk of the second wave.
Sure, maybe in China.
It's likely not even a second wave, if you compare it to the first wave that was blown way out of proportion.
It's turned the world on it's ear.

I had someone tell me this last week:
"If this viral pandemic were really as bad as "they" want us to believe it's been, every God damn one of us would know at least 5 people on a personal level who have had IT or have died from it, regardless of locale".

That said, I have baby robins in a nest above my porch light.
The mother hates me going out there.
:bolt:

Let the chics see you. Often.

You won't believe what happens later and again next year.
About ten/twelve years ago we had a robin nest in a young pine tree. The parents were cautious but still, as the eggs hatched, we were there watching. We imprinted. The following year came "Winston." A big beautiful strutting male robin who followed me around everywhere. His mate was so huge and we named her "Oprah."

For years, whenever I was digging in the garden, Winston was right there getting bugs, grubs and worms. Oprah not so much but she followed in if I left. Their kids caught the same habit because we were so familiar to them.

Winston is long gone now but, if I am carrying a shovel or rake, second and third generations still follow me around the yard. Interesting event with Winston one winter, I was shoveling snow off the Drive and as I cleared the concrete, here was Winston pecking at the pavement. I called him a fool, he cocked his head sideways and flew right at me.

I have no idea if he was mad because he understood the insult, or because he thought I had played a cruel joke on a poor hungry bird. Buddies fight sometimes???? What can you do?
TRUE STORY.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'll continue to watch the birdies, Francis and see how it all plays out.
I saw 3 little heads reaching up for Mama bringing them dinner from somewhere over the trees.
I was watching a YouTube video out of curiosity to see how birds react to specific things.
Some guy posted the loudness of a blue jay, which are notorious for being temperamental.
He said do not play this video over your phone on high volume while outdoors.
Guess who just had to try it?
:th_lmao:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Brian, your property reminds me a lot of Ty's place.
Very peaceful with all the family surrounded.

He sent me a text today and said because of the flooding on the Maumee that the dam sounds like Niagara Falls.
I remember it being loud like that back when I was living with them.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yes. It's always so quiet and peaceful here. Trees all around the property. I just built the firepit today so we had to test it out. We plan on placing some wooden benches and a swing by the pit later this week hopefully. We love it here.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm getting tons of messages on Facebook from people asking me where I am.
Good grief.
Have a good night folks.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Put the new water pump and timing belt kit on the Suzuki. Tomorrow I will fill it with water and see how I did.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm sore.

My arthritis is really bothering me. Has been for the past 6 months. My doctor wants to put me on new meds. I want new meds. We discussed this again. I need a lot of new tests taken before I can start something like Humira, which is an injection 2x per month. Not a great time to do this but I can't put it off any longer.

So other than bitching about being sore, I was spray painting some plastic planters to match the pool furniture. Repaired a couple of old planters that the lovely Mrs_Bob recently acquired. Those will probably get repainted tomorrow.

Going to put some pork chops in the smoker for dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.