• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Big outing this afternoon. I drove to the city to pick up a few prescriptions then came back.

I did make an attempt at going to work in the garage this morning but after 15 minutes my back was burning, a wrench slipped off a nut. I threw the ratchet. No clue where it landed, said a few choice words, turned the lights off and came back in the house. One of those days.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Wife and I took a 3 mile walk today. Not exactly a warm day with the wind, but not too bad.

After the walk, I gave the dog a quick trim around her face and paws so she is happy. I am still looking for a bowl big enough to fit on my head so my wife can give me a haircut.

Other than that, a quiet day. Probably watch the POTUS when he comes on so I can have a few laughs when he busts some ass with the media.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Bob, take the time to heal properly before you start in to your projects again. That's another mistake that I often make, especially with my back.

You know, I should probably take my own advice. After swinging the chain saw and pole saw all yesterday afternoon, my back is a little "tender" today so apart from my shopping expedition, I've done next to nothing all day.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
had to go to the field to look at a couple jobs today, then went and picked up my buddy Roberts Bronco from getting the custom brake lines installed.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Another day of not doing much of anything.
It's nice!
I am going to take a couple of walks today though.
We're supposed to get slammed with a snow storm tomorrow.
:hammer:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ditto

cold here, but sunny

Probably play ball with the dogs 20 times

my wrist is still in a brace, but feeling much better. My shoulder and bicep are still sore, but feeling somewhat better. My knee, which took a good bit of impact, is actually worse. Wearing a brace on that too. Took a Tramadol for pain this morning, didn't seem to help.

Bannedjoe

About 20 years ago, my Mom gave me a few sets of doors when she did a remodel.
I've been storing them since.

I'm not sure if these were actually a set of double doors, or two separate entrances, but I'm going to make them doubles either way.
It took a bit to reinforce my framework, and get these heavy bastards hung.
I'm going to have to make the centerpost by ripping a 6x6 post to size, and secure it to the floor.

I wiped out my hinge stash, so another damn trip is needed to homedopes for the hinges, post, and some post mounting hardware.
For some reason, my Mom didn't keep the hardware together with the doors, so I had to order new locks, door levers, and striker plates.

I'm going to hold off on the HD trip, and think I'll just grade my roads today.

I have a two mile stretch that I maintain.
After a good rain, and cattle marching all over them, my road is pretty botched.

Attachments

• IMG_2319.JPG
    IMG_2319.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2317.JPG
    IMG_2317.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 82

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I lost track of the days and realized I missed my Wednesday morning workout so I did that this morning then went to hook up the scooter lift to the truck as for the foreseeable future, places like Walmart and other grocery stores will have big line ups outside. I can't stand in one spot for more than a few minutes so I'll just use the scooter. I haven't needed it since last year when we went to mount Rushmore.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Cutting brush and small trees around the property. Wind blowing over 30MPH, snow squalls one right after another and the temp in the mid 30's. Yes, a suck day weather wise, I lasted two hours out there and had enough. It's bad when the wind is blowing so hard you have trouble trying to put the gas in the chain saw. :th_lmao:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Went to the field this morning to help my son on a roof job do a couple things where it takes 2. Also made the trip to the grocery store. I bought enough that I won't have to go back for a month. They had everything except paper towels and I'm now good on that. They even had TP.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Went 35 miles into Council Bluffs, Iowa to help a friend who is running for congress against Democrat Rep. Cindy Asshole....er....Axne.

He's a constitutionalist and an Iraqi Veteran.....in the Army for 32 years. Didn't get too much done because is was snowing and foggy. Oh well.

We're supposed to get 1 to 3 inches of SWS (stupid white shit)

Bannedjoe

Didn't get too much done because is was snowing and foggy. Oh well.

We're supposed to get 1 to 3 inches of SWS (stupid white shit)

Sorry to hear that.
Don't wanna make you feel bad or anything...but we got up to 80º this afternoon!:thumbup:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Didn't do much. Climbed up on the roof to look for damage from the monster limb that's still up there. I tried to move it but it's too much for one old man. I did find a couple of dings in the roof where it hit and started to repair them. I've got them sealed and I'll fill them tomorrow morning. I've got help arriving to clear the roof and take care of all the downed trees. He's so darned busy after the Easter Sunday storms that he promised that he would be here tomorrow … or Saturday … or maybe even Monday … for sure!!!

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I think Joe’s in Arizona

Jim

Arizona has great winters. I lived there for about a year around 1991.

4 or 5 inches of snow on the ground here but it's sunny and supposed to be 50 degrees today and the next 10 days look good!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Snowstorm on the way here for tonite and tomorrow. 3-6 inches, more wind. It feels much more like early March here than late April. Oh well, at least we have the calendar on our side even if the weather is not.

Cooking up a big batch of Vegetable Beef soup with biscuits today. That should help take the edge off this shitty weather we are having. :th_lmao:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, went to field again this morning, about 6 weeks ago I cut a hole in a overhang roof at a plant for a machine that articulates up higher than the roof. I posted it here. Well guess what, when the machine showed up the hole wasn't big enough, so they had us make it twice as big. We had to make the modification with the machine under the hole this time. ( not that much fun ) the old steel that we put up th last time had to come down then the new. The channels are 12" and nearly 20' as we also had to cut one of the roof supports to make the gap then tie into the sides of the 12" channels for support. We had to use a knuckle boom for a crane then do the connecting from the roof and a scissor lift. Now that the big channels are up my son can finish it. Happy that one is done.:clap:

Attachments

• IMG_0744.jpg
    IMG_0744.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 45

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I got up on the roof this morning and filled in the two dings. I'll let it cure for a couple of days and then seal it. The projected rain hasn't shown up yet but there's more forecast for tomorrow and bad storms on Sunday. Please Lord, I promise to be good but don't send any more high winds.

I spent a couple of hours this afternoon swinging the chain saw again. I finally got the gate in to the pasture cleared. There is still a ton of cutting to be done to get it off the well house but the more I look at it I may have got lucky. I can't be sure until I can get up on the roof but it doesn't look too bad. I know that it's good on the inside.

I got in the Gator and drove down in to the gully. There's another 3 trees blown down there, one big one and two smaller ones.

I came back up and changed out the spray gun on the 60 gallon sprayer. It's now ready to use as soon as the weather gets better.

And the best thing is … my back is doing a bit better as long as I don't overdo it again. I'm sure as hell not the stud that I was 20 years ago or even 10 years ago.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I did sfa today. My wife had to go in to the city to do some work at the church as she's in charge of all the finances there. That left me in charge of doing the homeschooling with the kids. It's not bad. Everything is online. The biggest problem is trying to get them all logged in.

I contemplated heading to the garage this afternoon but I'm still fighting an ear infection. And my back isn't cooperating.

Spent part of the afternoon looking at snowmobiles. I've found a few locally that interest me. One is a 2012 arctic cat xf800 packaged with a 2 place snowmobile trailer with dual axles.
87c307377a69de1a0881843e807fef4f.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
We never did get a snow storm.
It did snow very lightly, with about an inch on the ground.
Today is to be bright and sunny in the 50s.
I'm going to have a lazy, wonderful weekend.

Yesterday at work, we celebrated one of our sweeties birthday.
In the only way we could.
I was in tears and smiling at the same time.
:smile:

FB_IMG_1587208806318.jpg

FB_IMG_1587208798764.jpg

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
nothing but yard work and maybe a little shooting, about the time I get the yard done it will be time to mow the entire property with the tractor, its a week of spare time or 2 days all day.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I did sfa today. My wife had to go in to the city to do some work at the church as she's in charge of all the finances there. That left me in charge of doing the homeschooling with the kids. It's not bad. Everything is online. The biggest problem is trying to get them all logged in.

I contemplated heading to the garage this afternoon but I'm still fighting an ear infection. And my back isn't cooperating.

Spent part of the afternoon looking at snowmobiles. I've found a few locally that interest me. One is a 2012 arctic cat xf800 packaged with a 2 place snowmobile trailer with dual axles.
87c307377a69de1a0881843e807fef4f.jpg

Nice looking sled!! Arctic Cat was my brand back in the day. They had Kawasaki engines, that is why I liked them so much. I have always been a huuuuge Kawasaki fan. I know, I know, Mr. Buy American loves Japanese bikes. Just the way it is. :th_lmao:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
nothing but yard work and maybe a little shooting, about the time I get the yard done it will be time to mow the entire property with the tractor, its a week of spare time or 2 days all day.

Well I had to switch gears, as I was pulling weeds I exposed a little rattlesnake about 18" long, the little bastard made it under the bush I was pulling weeds around before I could grab the shovel to kill it. So I did a dump run instead.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I grew up riding a 1969 yamaha sl338 with bogie wheel suspension in the back and leaf springs on the front. Along with a 1973 allouette snow duster. Later on we had a couple arctic cat 440s from the early 90s and a couple of Polaris snowmobiles. Then we had bombardier mach 1 670s. 3 of them. Let's just say that back then, we could change a piston in a 670 rotax with our eyes closed. So I'm not brand specific. Just so happens when I got back into it after 12 years of stepping away from the sport that I picked up an arctic cat panther 550 touring sled. More to save hassle when shopping for parts, I looked for another cat to make it one stop when ordering parts from a dealership. (They're also a cfmoto dealer so I can get any side by side parts there too.) Just saves me running around all over the city.

I took the kids out this morning and gave them each a short driving lesson on the golf cart. There's snow in patches but the main area of the lawn is clear now.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well its official. I'm not young.

We did an on-line workout today for the HF high school fencing team. The young lady who we arranged to have lead the workout is an Olympic hopeful, and a member of the National Team of Columbia. She is an amazing Foil fencer, literally one of the best female foil fencers in the world.

So we all meet on a secure Cisco video-chat where, with good enough connection speed, we can all see & hear each other. The video was a bit jumpy, some of the kid's screens would temporarily fade out and then re-appear, but the audio always remained good.

This young lady worked the heck out of me. Honestly I was reasonably able to keep up ... until the end :smileywac She wanted us to do 1 minute of "Burpees" and for some reason we switched to "mountain climbers" followed by push ups. That was after almost an hour of footwork drills and other exercises.

I did the mountain climbers until my legs felt like jell-o then I did 10 push-ups, faked a heart attack and laid on the floor until it was over.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 10.42.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 10.42.23 AM.png
    571.5 KB · Views: 62

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Wife's new FitBit came in yesterday so we were out hoofing it and trying it out. Very impressive. I checked the route first with the truck's odo and the FitBit was spot on. 4.1 miles of roadwork today and I don't mind saying I am a little tired.

At least the wind was not blowing and no snow, so it was enjoyable being outdoors today. Lot's of people walking and one house we passed had a lawn party of about 20 people and no social distancing in sight.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wife's new FitBit came in yesterday so we were out hoofing it and trying it out. Very impressive. I checked the route first with the truck's odo and the FitBit was spot on. 4.1 miles of roadwork today and I don't mind saying I am a little tired.

At least the wind was not blowing and no snow, so it was enjoyable being outdoors today. Lot's of people walking and one house we passed had a lawn party of about 20 people and no social distancing in sight.

I used to use a FibBit, actually liked it a lot. Switched to an Apple Watch, which I ended up giving to my daughter (she eventually broke it). Now I'm back to an analog watch. But FitBits are pretty cool. Very functional. Pretty idiot proof too, so perfect for me.

Not sure why people don't get the 'social distancing' concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.