• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Grease

daedong

I have just watched the movie “Grease” on the telly for about the 15th time. Just wondering do other countries still have drive-ins. I know of one only in this state.
[FONT=&quot]Drive-ins bring back memories for me, steamed up windscreen, the smell of young love, etc. What about telling us some of your stories of things that happened at the drive-in, I am sure some of you will have some beauties. [/FONT]

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We have a Drive-In Theatre about 30 miles away from where we live. It is the only one remaining in this area that I know of. There used to be several others that I can recall from my childhood days. I can think of 3 others that each closed down roughly 20 to 30 years ago.

The remaing Drive-In is very popular in the summer months and we tend to make the drive out there at least once each summer. The theater plays double features and typically plays general audience movies catering to families.

One of the Drive-Ins that closed only played x-rated movies for adults.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Bob...... great reply.. How about answering his question instead of dodging it..... :whistle: :hide: :blahblah: :weneedpic

daedong said:
[FONT=&quot]Drive-ins bring back memories for me, steamed up windscreen, the smell of young love, etc. What about telling us some of your stories of things that happened at the drive-in, I am sure some of you will have some beauties. [/FONT]

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Our local drive-in theater shut down and the land was sold for other development two years ago. They could not compete with the in town multiplex theaters. I did spend some time there in my younger days. It was the hang out place on weekends for the high schoolers. Lots of drinking and making of new friends. Enough said....:yum: :whistle: :drink: :kiss:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
OK, I''ll relate a story...

We used to always bring our girls to the drive-in. On those nights we could not get girls, the guys would pile in a car and go to the drive in to bother our buddies who were attempting to get a piece. It was wierd, but we did it.

So, one time us losers for the weekend were looking for the lucky guys, driving up and down the rows of cars, maybe doing 5mph. Some movie was playing that had some nudity. So, here we were driving down a lane, and some skin came up on the screen. We all watched the screen while driving. The car cam to a sudden crunching stop when we ran straight into the knee-wall protecting the concession stand/projector booth. We almost died from laughing so hard. The car gor screwed up pretty good too. I think it was a 68 Chevelle.

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
In Tennessee town where I live there is a drive in. It has been there for ages. The fella that owns it lives across the street. It is open from May thru October and does very well. Where I grew up in N.J. there was a drive in my folks would take us kids. The one specific memory I have was when the folks took us to see Michael Jackson in "Ben" The feature was "Night of The Living Dead". I remember we had a white Chevy station wagon. The old man backed it into the space (which has that little hump to give angle over the cars in frot of you) he let down the tail gate and the three of us kids spread out the blanket. Hot Dogs, popcorn, soda and a sweet of our choice was the menu. I actually stayed awake thru both films. Fell asleep on the ride home. The drive in finally gave way to 4 multi plex theatres.