• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

US politics

daedong

I watch your ABC nightly hour most days don't you folks get tired with the drawn out election campaigning, it goes on and on and on. You can never put it to one side and get on with life, do you find it divisive?

Our own election campaigning goes on for maybe 6 weeks and thats too long.

Trakternut

This presidential campaign has been nearly two years long, now. It is too long. Your six-week campaign might be about right.
In years past, radio was at a premium and no television, let alone things like internet. Candidates made contact strictly in person, so it took a long time for them to ride trains to different areas. Obviously, that has changed. Televised debates have become a largely used tool for them to make their points. Most of us don't pay much attention to them anymore. Why? Because they spend more time stabbing opponents in the back than they do talking about how they will approach issues! For every hour that they spend talking issues, I'm certain that they spend at least five :shitHitFan: on their opponents.
A six-week stretch would cut down on the time they have for :shitHitFan: and make them concentrate on what's important...the welfare of the Country.

Last edited:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
It is brutal but it does make for some lively discussion if you need something to talk about.

;)

mak2

I watch your ABC nightly hour most days don't you folks get tired with the drawn out election campaigning, it goes on and on and on. You can never put it to one side and get on with life, do you find it divisive?

It amazes me the United States can function with the political bickering that goes on all the time wether it is election season or not. One of my freshman level professors many years ago was talking about how necessary the deivsivness is in a democratic republic, I think he was right. The libs and the conservatives somehow keep each other at bay, leveling things out so it somehow works. The interesting thing right now is it is intraparty bickering instead of interparty. Hillary and Obama are about to beat the hell outta each other. I hope she does not cry again.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
At this point, I normally change the channel.

Another aspect I don't see many people complaining about is the fact that these people are elected officials. Why are they spending all this time getting out of a job they just got? Wasn't good enough for them? As an elected official, why aren't they doing the job they are currently supposed to be doing?

RedRocker

YES!! :shitHitFan:

Cityboy

Banned
Our political process is what it is and has a colorful history. It goes back all the way to the beginning of America when congressmen sometimes assaulted each other with fists and cains over political issues. :clubem: There are even stories of duels with pistols between politicians.

One of the political biographies I enjoyed most was that of Louisiana's Huey Long, known to his constituants as the "KingFish". I think American politics has been corrupt from the very beginning and is not likely to change much since it is legal to flat out lie in political ads in the media.

It's pretty entertaining watching Obama and Hitlary go at each other, but it won't be too funny if either one of them gets elected, but you can rest assured that the "dumb masses" of American voters who have no clue who their two senators and congressman are will head to the polls in clueless fashion, completely oblivious to the facts and check the box next to the womans name simply because they are women, or check the box next to the black mans name simply because they too are black, or they check the name they believe will grant them the most money from the U.S. Treasury.

We should require a competency exam that must be passed before people are allowed to vote. It might just cut down on the idiocy and the election of idiots, at least until the Democracks get the answers to the test, have then translated into Spanish and mailed out to all registered Democrats. :pat:

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
To put it into perspective, this US presidential election has been being discussed here at ForumsForums almost since the day the forum was created in Sept 2005. :4_11_9:

Cityboy

Banned
To put it into perspective, this US presidential election has been being discussed here at ForumsForums almost since the day the forum was created in Sept 2005. :4_11_9:

Yup. We all knew that the nation would face the possible peril of a Hitlary presidency.

Bill could be first lady and no teenaged intern would be safe. :4_11_9:

daedong

We should require a competency exam that must be passed before people are allowed to vote. It might just cut down on the idiocy and the election of idiots, at least until the Democracks get the answers to the test, have then

We feel that way too, unfortunately voting is compulsory here, that makes it even worse.