• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Is Obama running scared?

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
September 9, 2018
Is Obama running scared?
By Monica Showalter
A
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/09/is_obama_running_scared.html

Former President Obama is back on the political hustings again, this time sounding less combative in his warnings to voters to vote for his chosen Democrats -- and a bit more scared.

According to Fox News:

Obama said the November midterm elections would give Americans “a chance to restore sanity in our politics” during his 20-minute speech to a crowd of around 900 Democratic faithful at the Anaheim Convention Center, while warning voters of the risks of keeping Republicans in power.

“If we don’t step up, things can get worse,” Obama said. “We have a chance to flip the House of Representatives; to say ‘Enough is enough.’”

Ah, yes, the restore sanity "narrative" as if the sanity problem he decries weren't the result of his own Deep State holdouts creating leaks and chaos. Nice try, pal.

But what's really vivid is the nervous, wary, warning tone of his, suggesting that he really really wants Democrats to vote for his minions ... because he himself feels endangered.

Starting with his own tired "narrative" about himself and his progressive values as the fount of all unity and progress, he gives us this:

”It’s always tempting for politicians for their own gain and for people in power to try to see if they can divide people, scapegoat folks, turn them on each other, because when that happens you get gridlock and government doesn’t work and people get cynical and decide to not participate," he said.

"That, unfortunately, has been a spiral we’ve been on for the last couple of years,” Obama continued. “If we don’t step up, things can get worse.”

As if those values weren't at the heart of why Obamacare got passed with strongarm tactics and zero Republican votes. Unifier indeed.

As for things getting 'worse,' don't make us gag. Is he trying to tell us that more economic growth is a disaster? More jobs are worse? A 2% unemployment rate instead of a 3% one? A rampaging North Korea instead of a docile one?

When he says 'worse,' it's pretty obvious that, this being Obama and all, he's talking about himself.

Two things are likely driving this.

One, the U.S. economy is soaring precisely because the Obama record of regulation, bureaucrat-hiring, taxes, crony capitalism, and central planning diktats against unfavored industries is being dismantled. That's Obama's legacy, and as President Trump throws it out with the garbage, that's the end of Obama's miserable memory of wrongs against the voters.

His foreign policy record is another area of bad legacy going down the dispose-all. Weakness with Russia, North Korea, China, Cuba and Venezuela is being replaced by strength. And terrorists and religious lunatics from the Middle East are not only being called what they are, they're being checkmated as the U.S. finally stands up for its utterly reliable ally in Israel. More Obama legacy dismantled.

That has got to cheese him off, given the size of his ego. And with his own record of attempting to defend Obamacare, we know he's got a willingness to plot and connive to try to save it. - by any means necessary, as the Alinskyites say. His campaigning for a leftist congress, against all precedent for ex-presidents, is his bid to get Trump impeached, now that he can no longer do it from the inside.

But there's a second thing that has got to be scaring him: The unraveling of his Deep State plots against President Trump, the coup from within, going on as leftists in government continuously attempt to unseat and overthrow President Trump, the better to keep investigations against Deep State from reaching him. The unmaskings abuse, the slovenly issuance of FISA court warrants for surveillance against Americans, the IRS targeting of dissidents, Hillary Clinton's private illegal server, and quickie visas to Russian agents such as Natalia Veselnitskaya, to trap Trump, are all likely probes that can reach him from congressional investigators, such as House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes .... unless he is stopped.

Which is why, again, Obama is campaigning for a Democratic Congress - to switch the committee chairs and take the heat off himself. That would match his ominious tocsin tone as he campaigns for Congress in California.

Out on Facebook, the estimable writer and political observer Lisa Schiffren notes the obvious about this Obama campaign:

The Democrats have a problem. They need a 'face of the party.' It can't be the crazy lady who lost the last election. It can't be the clowns in the Senate from whom we heard this week. It can't be their still ambitious gerontocracy: Biden, Kerry, Warren, & Co. And little, unelected Octavio-Cortez is just too dumb. So it has to be Barry. And Barry still sounds reasonable, cool, and as if there is a modicum of probity behind his words. Still, we are all paying a lot, per month, for Obamacare, which was a drug on the economy, the Iran deal, the gutting of the US military, and the international weak posture that were his hallmark accomplishments. And no, we're not haters just because we think 1/3 of the population of Guatemala, and 1/5th of the population of Mexico are quite enough to import...We don't want to be a failed shithole nation. And that nationalism -- no, it isn't dark and hateful. It's about loving our culture and the principles behind it, which remain open to everyone, and not wanting to import more third world culture. So--Dems need someone to rally their troops, and get their millennials off the couch to vote. And we benefit by having it be a man who cannot speak without lecturing and condescending...which is off-putting...who is, after all, the proximate cause of the Trump presidency. For which, many thanks.

Sounds like Democrats have a lot of problems, none more than Obama. No wonder he sounds so scared.

Bamby

Dear Barack Obama, Welcome Back

Welcome back to the political arena. I caught your speech Friday, you can still read a teleprompter like nobody’s business. Your attacks on Republicans were red meat for your base, which was your goal. Thankfully, they are hungry because President Trump stands on the verge of getting a second Supreme Court justice confirmed. (Do you wake up in the middle of the night screaming, “Merrick Garland!” like so many of your fans do? I kind of hope so.)

And I don’t begrudge your breaking with tradition of former Presidents not criticizing their successors. You spent 8 years in office whining about your predecessor, why should we expect anything different in the other end of those 8 years of awful?

I do, however, have a couple of bones to pick with your speech. It shouldn’t be surprising, you were a horrible president, so when you feed your obviously hungry ego people are bound to take issue with it.

You keep trying to claim credit for the economy. This is clearly a sore spot with you, and I understand why. The economy under your administration was sluggish, awful, really. So much so that your sycophantic media minions tried to convince the public that 2 percent growth was “the new normal” in an attempt to make your failure look like a success, like the best we could expect going forward. And they did a good job of it.

There are people who couldn’t find work under your administration who are now working. We both know you didn’t have anything to do with it, but you’ve got to sleep, right? Your legacy can’t just be flowery speeches, stagnation, and a Middle East in disarray. I mean, it is, but you can’t say that. You’ve got a library/monument to yourself to build, and you don’t want a Libya wing.

So you have to belittle the guy who brought about some of the lowest unemployment in generations, lowest black and Hispanic unemployment ever, and spurred economic growth that makes your two terms look like a soiled diaper. I don’t blame you.

Your line about how the economic recovery started under your administration was cute, and it played well with the drooling audience. You knew you were safe in saying that because journalists, who just can’t quit you, weren’t going to report how while the growth rate in 2015 was 2.9 percent (so close to 3 percent, but you just couldn’t get there, could you?), the rate the following year lost nearly 50 percent of that, a pathetic 1.6 percent. When you know the downward trajectory you’d created wasn’t going to be reported, you can say things like you did.

Again, I don’t blame you. I’d be embarrassed of your economic record too.

I do, however, take issue with you claims of Republicans being responsible for the division in the country. Like when you said President Trump was “just capitalizing on resentments that politicians have been fanning for years,” you were implying complicity for yourself, right? Aside from the fact that people will always disagree about politics, I seem to recall your administration and media cronies declaring everyone who dared hold a contrary opinion from you to be a racist, in one form or another. And I don’t remember you saying much about it. Considering you claimed to have learned about the scandals in your administration from the media, I’d assume you would have noticed those stories too. Unless you were lying. But you wouldn’t do that, right?

I get that you don’t like the current President, he’s doing a better job than you did, particularly for the people you claimed to care about most. The middle class is doing so much better without you, that’s got to suck. But to accuse Trump of what you’re guilty of is, sort of, breaking with norms, isn’t it? I thought leftists hated that?

That’s not to say President Trump isn’t breaking norms as well, he really is. The difference is he’s never portrayed himself as above it all. Nor has he spent an inordinate amount of time whining about the mess you left him, he just set about correcting it.

Petty is the word I’d use to describe your speech. It’s also an excellent descriptor of your whole administration, so feel free to ding me of unoriginality or lack of a thesaurus. Doesn’t make it any less true.

You can’t get over the fact that things, while certainly hectic from a news standpoint, are significantly better now that you’re gone.

Some of the damage you did can’t be undone. We’ll never get back those pallets of cash you gave to Iran. That money is likely already spread out, untraceable, funding terror around the world; which is why they wanted cash. Electronic transfers can be traced, dollars and euros can’t. But you knew that, of course. No one who comes up through the Chicago political machine is unaware of the power of cash.

And now you’re back, unable to retire gracefully. You’re young, for a former President, so it makes sense. Lord knows you have enough money, liberals seem to leave government for huge piles of it. The only things for which you are left yearning are attention and praise.

And don’t even get me started on your claims about how President Trump treats the press. You spied on them, tried to jail them, and named them as “co-conspirators.” Trump has tweeted and said mean things. Still, because of ideology and ideology only, they loved you and hate him.

I, for one, am glad you’re back. While you won your elections, you were like throwing a bag of sand to drowning man for everyone else down that ballot you supported. Please, feed that ego beast and campaign often.

Your promises still ring hallow with a lot of people. There are 5 million Americans who lost their health insurance because of you, millions more who remember how you used the IRS as a weapon, sold guns to Mexican drug cartels, wasted billions of tax dollars on that “stimulus” bill that enriched your cronies, left 4 Americans to die and blamed it on an Internet video to protect your reelection bid, to just name a few. Seeing your face, hearing your voice as you pound your own chest and make even more promises on behalf of others will only remind everyone of those things and more. So please, campaign.

Welcome back, Mr. President. The media and crowds will fawn all over you, as they always have, but what resides in your wake hasn’t changed.

We do remember.

Bamby

A failed former POTUS criticizing a highly successful current POTUS. Stupid liberal.

The Fool really actually does believe in himself in his own words........

HE’S BACK! Obama refers to himself 102 times during 64-minute speech

Former President Barack Obama visited The University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign Friday to accept the school’s ethics in government award, and to offer his take on “the state of our democracy.”

And while Obama found plenty of time to denigrate Republicans for allegedly stoking fear during these “dangerous” and “extraordinary times,” he also dedicated a lot of his speech to patting himself on the back for everything from the improving economy to supposedly helping to heal the country’s racial divisions.

All told, the former president referred to himself – I, My, Me – more than 102 times in about 64 minutes, while simultaneously engaging in the type political pot shots he criticized Republicans for.

Obama’s favorite word seemed to be “I,” which he repeated at least 87 times, followed by more than a dozen references to “my” or “me.”

“By the time I left office, household income was near its all-time high, and the uninsured rate had hit an all-time low, and wages were rising, and poverty rates were falling. I mention all this just so when you hear how great the economy is doing right now, let’s just remember when this recovery started,” Obama told students.

“When you hear about this economic miracle that’s been going on – when the job numbers come out … and suddenly Republicans are saying, ‘It’s a miracle!’ I have to kind of remind them: actually, those job numbers are the same as they were in 2015 and 2016,” he said.

The 44th president accused Trump and his supporters of exploiting the public’s fears to wrest control, power and money from everyday Americans, while seemingly stoking fears over what continued GOP control of government would mean for America.

The speech, designed to mark Obama’s return to politics and kickstart his midterm campaign for Democrats, touched on how congressional Republicans are allegedly “unwilling to find the backbone to safeguard the institutions that make our democracy work,” while “bending over backwards to protect Trump.”

Obama suggested the rich and powerful are conspiring against the little people, and the only way to make it better is to vote for politicians like himself who gallantly fight for what’s right, and just.

“Sometimes the backlash comes from people who are genuinely, if wrongly, fearful of change,” Obama said. “More often it is manufactured by the powerful, the privileged, who want to keep us divided and keep us angry and keep us cynical. Because that helps them maintain the status quo, keep their power, keep their privilege.

“You happen to be coming of age during one of those moments. It did not start with Donald Trump. He is a symptom, not the cause. He’s just capitalizing on resentments that politicians have been fanning for years,” Obama alleged.

He claimed “the policies of resentment and paranoia has unfortunately found a home in the Republican Party.”

Minutes later:

“Don’t tell me your vote doesn’t matter,” Obama said, adding that voters are the “antidote” for Republican sickness allegedly infecting Washington, D.C. “And if you thought elections don’t matter, I hope these last two years have corrected the impression.”

“Just a glance at recent headlines should tell you that this moment really is different, the stakes really are higher, the consequences of any of sitting on the sidelines are more dire,” Obama said.

The solution, of course, is to vote for Democrats, he said.

“This whole project of self-government only works if everyone’s doing their part,” he said. “So if you don’t like what’s going on right now, and you shouldn’t, do not complain, don’t hashtag, don’t get anxious, don’t retreat, don’t binge on whatever it is you’re binging on. Don’t lose yourself in ironic detachment, don’t put your head in the sand, don’t boo. Vote.”

“ … the best way to protest is to vote,” Obama said.

President Trump was quick to weigh in on his predecessor’s comments during a speaking event in North Dakota on Friday, The Huffington Post reports.

“I’m sorry, I watched it, but I fell asleep,” the president joked. “I found he’s very good, very good for sleeping.”