• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Ben Sasse (R-NE) at Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I know nothing of Ben Sasse but after hearing I am a fan.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJK2JveCAbI"]Sen. Ben Sasse unloads on Congress at Kavanaugh hearing - YouTube[/ame]

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Boy, I'm with him!!! He needs to be next speaker of the house at the least!!
Mike

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Since several people here don't know him, Senator Ben Sasse is one of the "never Trump" members of the GOP and he has reportedly considered leaving the Republican Party on multiple occasions.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Since several people here don't know him, Senator Ben Sasse is one of the "never Trump" members of the GOP and he has reportedly considered leaving the Republican Party on multiple occasions.
:pat: Figures. :hide:

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter

That was before Trump was elected.

Now at the risk of derailing the tread here are some of my thoughts.:my2cents:

Many people in this Forum, (myself included) said anti-Trump things, before Trump was elected.

Now he seems to be willing to work with Trump. No he doesn't agree with everything that Trump is for, nor should he (in my opinion).
Trump isn't always right. Nobody is always right.
As for thinking about leaving the party. Well admit is haven't some of you thought of that? (By the way aren't some of you registered Libertarians?)

I have thought of leaving the party myself, mostly because of the Anti-Trumpers (such as Flake and the late McCain.) In my opinion the Republican party sure isn't what it used to be. Besides being full of RHINOS it seems to be full of people pushing for their own agendas. Here in Arizona we have a governor who seems to want to pimp Uber more than to act as governor.

The party has (and has had), weak and nutty candidates. (Sorry folks I'm no fan of Arpaio). We have a woman named McSally running for the Senate here who keeps parroting "I'm a Fighter pilot." While I commend her service to our nation, that's not good enough.

At times I've thought of leaving the party and registering as Libertarian myself.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
As Bob thought, I was not aware Ben Sasse was a never Trumper at any point.

However, I still applaud his speech. He nailed it. Politicians have great intentions when elected but once in DC they're good intentions are pushed aside as they are swallowed up by the 'good ole boy (an girl)' DC way to do things.

This speech gives even more justification to term limits for congress. As if we needed more justification.