• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Nike vs In-n-Out: The Silent Majority Have Spoken

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Wayne Allyn Root |Posted: Sep 05, 2018 12:01 AM

https://townhall.com/columnists/way...nout-the-silent-majority-have-spoken-n2515821

Not all forays into politics are equal. Two companies in the news in the past few days highlight this lesson. The Silent Majority has spoken. This is the story of In-n-Out versus Nike.

Let’s start with In-n-Out Burgers. Liberals decided to call for a national boycott because In-n-Out committed the “sin” of donating to the GOP. How idiotic is the idea of boycotting a company for making a political donation? Almost every company, even the small businesses you buy from, is run by someone who has a political opinion.

Having that opinion is protected by free speech clause of the U.S. Constitution. It’s what America is all about. It’s what so many millions of young Americans have died for on bloody battlefields all over the world.

Most businesses, or their CEOs give political donations. Again, that is protected by free speech. Again, that is as American as apple pie. Most of us never know who the businesses we buy from donates to. Or care. If I like a product, I’ll buy it. I don’t care who you donate to. But boycotting businesses who give to the GOP is idiotic.

First, the GOP controls the Presidency, Senate, House, a large majority of Governors, Lt. Governors and state legislatures. In short, the GOP dominates America. As a matter of fact, polling proves “conservatives” outnumber “liberals” in 47 out of 50 states.

Yet liberals and the liberal media paint us as either “extreme” “racist” “Nazis” or criminals. Liberals are kidding themselves. Pure delusion. Our views are common sense and mainstream. You’re the radical extreme ones. You’re the ones who are out of touch. Fact- we are “the Silent Majority.”

Secondly, the GOP is pro-business, pro-Capitalism, and as Trump has proven (just like Reagan before him) great for the economy, jobs, small business and the average middle class American worker. So, how can it be a “sin” for a business to donate to the GOP. We are benefiting from GOP policies. So are the majority of our customers. That’s precisely why consumer confidence is the highest in 18 years.

Thirdly, polls prove small business owners are the 2nd most optimistic in modern history. Only Reagan made them happier and that was almost four decades ago. Like it or not, the owner of almost every small business you buy from is a Republican and fan of Trump.

So, you think you’re going to boycott all 28 million small businesses in America? For donating to the party that’s great for the economy, helps our businesses succeed? Good luck.

That could be why the In-n-Out boycott failed so disastrously. No one cares about a political donation.

But now we come to corporation number two. Nike. They just made a disastrous decision. And they will pay for it with a massive sales decline and billions in lost stock value. Nike may have fatally damaged itself this week.

Nike didn’t make a political donation. I couldn’t care less about that. But Nike just made former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick the face of their company. That is a combination of stupid, ignorant, offensive and tragic. Nike just sided with what half of America (and all 63 million Trump voters) thinks is a vile, ungrateful, America-hater. Now that’s bad business.

Here’s a guy who had a $150 million contract, but thinks America is “unfair” to minorities. Here’s a guy who spits in the face of vets, cops and our flag. Here’s a guy who gives the black power salute at the US Open days ago- from a luxury box. What a joke. What a clueless hypocrite. What a disgrace to America.

You’d think Nike would have learned from the NFL’s terrible decision to allow players to kneel for our national anthem. The NFL lost hundreds of millions with massive ratings declines, empty seats and lost merchandise sales. Kaepernick was the face of that disaster.

As I write this column, Nike stock is down by billions, thousands of Americans are burning Nike sneakers and millions are vowing to never buy anything from Nike again. Now the same ingrate who almost brought down the NFL will cause massive damage to Nike.

In-n-Out is in great shape. Nike just destroyed a billion-dollar brand. The Silent Majority have spoken.

deand1

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I just checked my closet and drawers: I don't have anything Nike to burn or run over.

But: I do eat at In-N-Out when I go to the big city.

Bamby

Maybe there should be a thread about sweat shop Liberals like Nike & Levis.

Unfortunately to follow that train a person would be literally screwed simply because all major corporations are involved in it. Remember their motto is profits for the company, and shareholders and the hell with anyone and everyone else.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Unfortunately to follow that train a person would be literally screwed simply because all major corporations are involved in it. Remember their motto is profits for the company, and shareholders and the hell with anyone and everyone else.

It should be more profitable for American companies to operate here in the USA. Why is it their fault, by your standards, that such is not the case?

The answer lies in our failure, as a nation, to understand and maintain the very words of the USA Constitutional preamble.

To wit;
We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Bamby

It should be more profitable for American companies to operate here in the USA. Why is it their fault, by your standards, that such is not the case?

The answer lies in our failure, as a nation, to understand and maintain the very words of the USA Constitutional preamble.

To wit;
We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Well to put it "bluntly" we are to overburdened with EPA laws and regulations, and a whole host of burdensome taxes to be able to compete with third world countries.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well to put it "bluntly" we are to overburdened with EPA laws and regulations, and a whole host of burdensome taxes to be able to compete with third world countries.
There is hope. Trump is making headway easing up on EPA laws. That along with equal trade will give many American manufacturers a better chance at huge success.

Bamby

There is hope. Trump is making headway easing up on EPA laws. That along with equal trade will give many American manufacturers a better chance at huge success.

Let me ask you this; if you were to have or were financing a multi-million dollar facility to manufacture tennis shoes would you build it here in the states? We now have a government with a proven track record similar to a banana republic where you can't build or produce anything with any insured compliance that the processes of production will remain legal within governmental standards. Hell even the competition can and will use the EPA and other government resources to shut you down or otherwise suffer loses.

Then there is the property taxes on the land and buildings, the personal property taxes on the needed production equipment, the inventory tax on paper clips, paper, and raw commodities in the warehouse necessary to make the shoes. And then you have to pay the taxes due for the finished goods warehouse where the shoes are stored until they are released or otherwise shipped.

And all I really wanted to do in the beginning was make and sell some tennis shoes and ultimately all my time would be consumed dealing with taxes and government mandated bullshit.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Because her father was elected President, many high end retailers removed Ivanka Trump's clothing line from their shelves. She eventually was forced to close down her business. Losing many foreign and domestic jobs.

I wonder,,,;
How many retailers have pulled NIKE' products off their shelves?

CRICKETS......

Yeah, that's what I thought.:hammer:

Last edited:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

Worse than that. Our Government sees independent Corporations and companies as captive unit cells with which to drive tax revenue and at the same time, through legislation, effect social change

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Wayne Allyn Root |Posted: Sep 05, 2018 12:01 AM

https://townhall.com/columnists/way...nout-the-silent-majority-have-spoken-n2515821

Not all forays into politics are equal. Two companies in the news in the past few days highlight this lesson. The Silent Majority has spoken. This is the story of In-n-Out versus Nike.

Let’s start with In-n-Out Burgers. Liberals decided to call for a national boycott because In-n-Out committed the “sin” of donating to the GOP. How idiotic is the idea of boycotting a company for making a political donation? Almost every company, even the small businesses you buy from, is run by someone who has a political opinion.

Having that opinion is protected by free speech clause of the U.S. Constitution. It’s what America is all about. It’s what so many millions of young Americans have died for on bloody battlefields all over the world.

Most businesses, or their CEOs give political donations. Again, that is protected by free speech. Again, that is as American as apple pie. Most of us never know who the businesses we buy from donates to. Or care. If I like a product, I’ll buy it. I don’t care who you donate to. But boycotting businesses who give to the GOP is idiotic.

First, the GOP controls the Presidency, Senate, House, a large majority of Governors, Lt. Governors and state legislatures. In short, the GOP dominates America. As a matter of fact, polling proves “conservatives” outnumber “liberals” in 47 out of 50 states.

Yet liberals and the liberal media paint us as either “extreme” “racist” “Nazis” or criminals. Liberals are kidding themselves. Pure delusion. Our views are common sense and mainstream. You’re the radical extreme ones. You’re the ones who are out of touch. Fact- we are “the Silent Majority.”

Secondly, the GOP is pro-business, pro-Capitalism, and as Trump has proven (just like Reagan before him) great for the economy, jobs, small business and the average middle class American worker. So, how can it be a “sin” for a business to donate to the GOP. We are benefiting from GOP policies. So are the majority of our customers. That’s precisely why consumer confidence is the highest in 18 years.

Thirdly, polls prove small business owners are the 2nd most optimistic in modern history. Only Reagan made them happier and that was almost four decades ago. Like it or not, the owner of almost every small business you buy from is a Republican and fan of Trump.

So, you think you’re going to boycott all 28 million small businesses in America? For donating to the party that’s great for the economy, helps our businesses succeed? Good luck.

That could be why the In-n-Out boycott failed so disastrously. No one cares about a political donation.

But now we come to corporation number two. Nike. They just made a disastrous decision. And they will pay for it with a massive sales decline and billions in lost stock value. Nike may have fatally damaged itself this week.

Nike didn’t make a political donation. I couldn’t care less about that. But Nike just made former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick the face of their company. That is a combination of stupid, ignorant, offensive and tragic. Nike just sided with what half of America (and all 63 million Trump voters) thinks is a vile, ungrateful, America-hater. Now that’s bad business.

Here’s a guy who had a $150 million contract, but thinks America is “unfair” to minorities. Here’s a guy who spits in the face of vets, cops and our flag. Here’s a guy who gives the black power salute at the US Open days ago- from a luxury box. What a joke. What a clueless hypocrite. What a disgrace to America.

You’d think Nike would have learned from the NFL’s terrible decision to allow players to kneel for our national anthem. The NFL lost hundreds of millions with massive ratings declines, empty seats and lost merchandise sales. Kaepernick was the face of that disaster.

As I write this column, Nike stock is down by billions, thousands of Americans are burning Nike sneakers and millions are vowing to never buy anything from Nike again. Now the same ingrate who almost brought down the NFL will cause massive damage to Nike.

In-n-Out is in great shape. Nike just destroyed a billion-dollar brand. The Silent Majority have spoken.
he_s_right_you_know_b0f77904446da6e05ea0fd01c1d2efd948b9c9d1.jpg

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
More great news. This is getting better and better. :clap::thumbup:

Kaputnick is a loser and Nike is a loser by attaching themselves to him.

Screen Shot 2018-09-06 at 12.12.39 PM.png

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
More great news. This is getting better and better. :clap::thumbup:

Kaputnick is a loser and Nike is a loser by attaching themselves to him.

View attachment 103667
To some, for right now, buying a NIKE' Branded product is essentially approving of Colin Kaepernick.

I hate to see a major brand suffer so. Even one I dislike AKA NIKE" but,,,; they earned it.

Last edited:

Bamby

Can't and won't argue the fact but anyone want to bet the CEO gets to bail out with a huge golden parachute while everyone else associated with Nike suffers the consequences of his actions..

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Nike Is Discovering That Colin Kaepernick Is Not As Popular With America As He Is With The Woke Crowd
Posted at 12:30 pm on September 6, 2018 by streiff

https://www.redstate.com/streiff/20...in-kaepernick-not-popular-america-woke-crowd/

It was supposed to be a move of marketing genius. Choose a failed player who tried to create controversy around his actions to bully some team, somewhere, into signing him, portray the controversy as something totally woke and the opponents as racist, and use his endorsement as a way to increase sales in a highly competitive industry. Top it off with letting in be known that the people who don’t like the new icon can just f*** right off because you are interested in the market after they are dead or irrelevant. This, apparently, was the strategy behind Nike deciding to sign Colin Kaepernick as the face of their company.

Nike didn’t just embrace Colin Kaepernick because of his views … its market research was clear — the race, age and political views of most Nike customers are in sync with the new ad campaign.

Sources with direct knowledge of Nike’s demographics have given TMZ an inside look into the company, and it paints a clear picture of consumers who generally support Kaepernick’s protest.

Short story … Nike made a big statement by its new Kaepernick ad campaign, but the people most likely to protest are outside the company’s sweet spot.

That said, there was a bonus for Nike … numbers aside, we’re told they wanted a campaign promoting social change that current and future athletes would embrace.

So, Nike’s response to the protesters who want to boycott — Just do it!

And they did. Since the campaign was announced, Nike has lost $3.75 billion in market capitalization.

There is literally nothing in this survey that does not scream “Disaster.”
Young people: down 30 points.
Democrats: down 9 points.
Blacks: down 8 points.
Current Nike customers: down 15 points.

Chart from Morning Consult https://morningconsult.com/form/nike-kaepernick-report/

Attachments

• 9786EB55-833E-4719-918C-3DDBDE55B430.jpeg
    9786EB55-833E-4719-918C-3DDBDE55B430.jpeg
    47.8 KB · Views: 19