• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Water conditioning

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
I am considering upgrading the water conditioning in our house. Currently, we are on a private well (not going to change) with a traditional salt (NaCl) softener. I also have a small R.O. unit that supplies the refridgerator/ice maker. The issues I would like to resolve:
  • I am TERRIBLE at remembering to keep the salt filled in the softener, so I'd like to get rid of it.
  • I would like to have the entire house supplied with quality water, not just the 'fridge.
  • I currently have no bacterialogical protection, so I'd like to add a UV unit.
Does anyone currently have a whole house R.O. unit with all the pre-filters and UV processing? Are you satasfied? What is the maintenance schedule like? And of course.....what are the costs involved?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
DaveNay said:
Does anyone currently have a whole house R.O. unit with all the pre-filters and UV processing?

Dave, I can't even guess the cost, but you'd need a heck of a storage tank for the water to do something like that. And do you really need to use RO water while you shower? Or in the dishwasher? Most of the hot water used in a home is not for consumption. Perhaps you could just run the RO system to the cold water side? You'd still need a storage tank for the cold water.