• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My wife is getting nervous...

dzalphakilo

Banned
5 trailer loads and I'm getting a decent size burn pile:yum:

If you're perplexed, look under the seriously speaking section, thread titled "prayers":D

And yes, no gas this time:flame2:

Attachments

• burn pile.JPG
    burn pile.JPG
    193.5 KB · Views: 111

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter

If you're perplexed, look under the seriously speaking section, thread titled "prayers":D

Because a blowtorch is safer? :confused2::whistling:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice backpack blower :wink:

Idle, or just a tad on the trigger should be ample.

k-dog

I used to always burn my brush piles as well. One time we had this pile that would not burn (used some diesel as well as some old paint thinner). My neighbor his the fire chief for the company serving our area and he used a big gas powered fan blower to get it going. After that fire, I stopped burn brush piles. I just started taking everything to the back of the property and start a large pile. Every winter, I take the tractor and push it back. It rots up pretty quick and gives the critters somewhere to live until the dog finds them. The only problem is I didn't leave enough room to get on the other side to retrieve the rich soil.

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter

No gas... Your use of the leaf blower is good; I have been doing that...

I would note, especially after your accident, that out here a legal burn pile is only 4x4x4'.

I usually get mine going, then keep adding brush from another loose stacked pile. Or, I have a few piles near each other, and, when one starts to burn down, I'll push the next one over on top of the coal with the tractor.

I use diesel or charcola lighter fluid as a starter... less volatile, lower vapor pressure.

We can not burn out here right now; it is sooooooooo dry in Northern California right now. Some of the worst fires have started about this time, at the final stages of a long long dry season.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
my favorite "tinder" for brush piles is an old X-mas tree or juniper. Start with it on the bottom, then pile brush around & on top, then throw the logs and RR ties on top to hold it all together when the pine explodes...

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Ever think of mulching the stuff and then selling it??? Put a sign on the side of a road. heck people LOVE mulch!!! :smile: