• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Rude staff

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So yesterday my wife and I were shopping at a mall. We went into a store to look at clothes for her. I was in a wheelchair as my back was in excruciating pain. My wife had only let go of the chair for a few seconds to look at something and some snooty girl working there comes and tells me to go wait outside the store so I'm not blocking anyone else who is shopping.

I was going to start shouting at her and causing a big scene but figured it wouldn't do any good so I left. Needless to say I was not impressed. I contacted the store head office to let them know about the incident and how their staff treated someone with a disability.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good for you. Upper management needs to be aware of idiots like that who is in their employ.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'd have methodically and calmly told her exactly why you are in a wheelchair, I mean leaving out no detail of your accident.
Then just sat there and stared her right in the eyes.
Some people need to learn that "there but for the grace of God goes YOU".

Sorry you had that experience Brian.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm stronger than that. I'm not going to allow a total stranger who I'll never see again get into my head. I have been feeling sad and depressed but doing not too bad lately. My pain is always there 24 hrs a day. I just deal with it and don't let it control me.
Why is this not on the local evening TV news?

Aren't you FEELING sad and DEPRESSED?:unsure:

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I just called headquarters and reported it. I'll never be back there.

I'm glad you did. I'm sure she's done the same thing to others who can't handle it as well as you can.

I like to tell management that I want them to take care of it so I don't have to go to the authorities. That usually encourages them to take aggressive action.