• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

sno(w) cat serenade, march 13-16, 2020

Beartooth

Well, its tearing me apart! Ill leave behind the koolaid and represent with a St4b. Why not. Not to make grown adults cry but it is entertaining! Doug

1boringguy

GOLD Site Supporter
ah, I will put the Tesla battery in the tucker snow cat trailer...

or how about a LS engine

or a rousch 302 with super charger,

or just maybe just put the 340-six pack, back in, and call it good

nice work VB, in getting your 423 ready to challenge the back country of the Sawtooths of Idaho, do take a few minutes and look at the pontoons and rollers

time to get your machine in the shop/garage and give it, a good once over and maybe a couple times on the snow before the 'snow cat serenade'

so pleased with the great response and who is coming, truly a gathering of the faithful snow catters, great people...thank you

fyi, rumor has it, our first Snow Tracker has made reservations

Probably "almost" bolt right in.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/...RL9w2qrkJ4/mobilebasic#heading=h.6jynaot9cbnq

Kristi Kt-4

adding a extra alternator and battery would work for everyone else, but not for the PP,

I will be needing the extra lighting...

cuz, at the steep and deep competition, know for a fact, the power paddled 543 will win and everyone else will want to keep trying and that will go very late into night and more than likely into the early morning hours, and will only come to an end, when they run out of GAS, I just want to make sure they have a very well lit hill so there will be NO EXCUSES.

Game Over...

:eatdrink::eatdrink::eatdrink:

PS. KT4, best start working on your essay, topic " what went wrong"

I already have an essay on what went right completed... The Kristi is a far superior machine than a power paddled 543! That being said... I was wondering if I could use the 543 as a trade in for a two track two ski speed demon since I already have a 543? The rare Kristi floated on top and the 543 sunk to the bottom when this same scenario was performed with my own eyes! :bolt:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
The professional weather guessers and the very reliable Farmers Almanac, both are forecasting above snow fall this winter in the Sawtooths, pretty sure we will have great untracked snow in the back country for Snow Cat Serenade.

again thank you all that have made reservations, it is great to sees many people attending and traveling from of their home snow, there are many truly skilled and interesting people you discover at a gathering of snow cats, it is funny how much more you come to learn about each forum member when you meet them in person and see their work first hand.

you are the folks that make the forums great and wonderful snow cat friends

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
thank you to all that have served, I am very grateful for your sacrifice to serve and protect our country, thank you

durning WWll, Sun Valley did double duty, both, for ski training and as a convalescence hospital for the enlisted military, both military/vets have always had a special meaning to the area.

again, I want to thank all, who have severed our country

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_381.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_381.jpeg
    65.6 KB · Views: 447
Last edited:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
durning WWll, Sun Valley did double duty, both, for ski training and as a convalescence hospital for the enlisted military, both military/vets have always had a special meaning to the area.

again, I want to thank all, who have served our country

and if you can and or find yourself where you can do a random act of kindness for a veteran, please do so...a little kindness is priceless

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_381.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_381.jpeg
    65.6 KB · Views: 449

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
well, the snow track mafia has made serval room reservations, they will be very well represented, thank you, thank you, thank you!

let me say this again,

The Snow Track Mafia has made serval room reservations and they, will be, very well represented!!! thank you!

The Snow Track Mafia is coming.........

The Snow Track Mafia is coming....................

the Snow Track Mafia is coming...................................

with this latest update, the second block of rooms are all gone,

my contact at Sun Valley has agreed to open up more rooms, these will be on a first come first serve, as they are also available to the general public, there is only a couple rooms left in the Sun Valley Inn, that is where the snow cat gathering folks are staying. got to acknowledge that the folks at Sun Valley have been good to work with, things have worked smoothly with no issues and always replied very quickly to all emails and calls!

The room rate at the Inn will be at our screaming great rate, rooms in other properties at Sun Valley will be more money, though, at a reduced rate, sorry, at least you will be able to get a room and be a part of the gathering...of old grousers, making fun tracks...

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 422
Last edited:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
well, the snow track mafia has made serval room reservations, they will be very well represented, thank you, thank you, thank you!

let me say this again,

The Snow Track Mafia has made serval room reservations and they, will be, very well represented!!! thank you!

The Snow Track Mafia is coming.........

The Snow Track Mafia is coming....................

the Snow Track Mafia is coming...................................

with this latest update, the second block of rooms are all gone,

my contact at Sun Valley has agreed to open up more rooms, these will be on a first come first serve, as they are also available to the general public, there is only a couple rooms left in the Sun Valley Inn, that is where the snow cat gathering folks are staying. got to acknowledge that the folks at Sun Valley have been good to work with, things have worked smoothly with no issues and always replied very quickly to all emails and calls!

The room rate at the Inn will be at our screaming great rate, rooms in other properties at Sun Valley will be more money, though, at a reduced rate, sorry, at least you will be able to get a room and be a part of the gathering...of old grousers, making fun tracks...

I think we have a leak. and a fast one at that.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
little something for GMooooooose

Sun Valley, Idaho, 1950, soil conservation trials

Attachments

• IMG_20191122_0001.jpg
    IMG_20191122_0001.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 282

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Morning,

It looks like we have about 30 some rooms booked with many people staying an extra day or 2, nice...

it looks like, this might/will be the largest gathering of Snow Tracks outside of Europe, and rumor has it, 1 or 2 Snow Track guys from Europe have made reservations, awesome...

and, so far, have people from NJ, Mass, NY, Wi, Ca, Wa, Mt, Co, Ak, Wy, Id, Ut, Canada and oh, yeah, Oregon. Several will be attending a jamboree for the first time.

Thank you to everyone for making reservations so quickly, even when there is no snow on the ground, it is a great way to meet up and say hi to old cat friends and meet a new one or two.

PP

Attachments

• s-l1600-29.jpg
    s-l1600-29.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:

TalleyHo

GOLD Site Supporter
Add one more to the California list.

Madera, 825 miles

Looking forward to it! And thanks Pontoon Princess for the invite.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
thank you Ktalley for coming,

quite sure you folks will have good time, and I know for a fact that many in the Mafia are looking to forward meeting you.

thank you again

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_3ab.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_3ab.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 231

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
so, when is the Kristi book club owners going to draw straws, short straw looses and goes to snow cat serenade,

a brave little Thiokol, frisky frandee, and the snow track mafia are all coming

for all the big talk from the KT-3 crowd and yet they never seem to go much more than a few feet from the front porch...

so, who is stepping up???

vintagebike

Have Kristi, will travel

Sounds like a double dog dare. So... KT-3 #00126 first sold to the FAA in Rock Springs, Wyoming built in December 1962 is looking for a driver/crew and the "on trailer"
transport from McCall to Sun Valley and back. We can only fit Sophie Tucker on our trailer. Let me know and I will fit a new battery and get the tracks on.
5A502B03-D1F8-4BB6-B4C0-F29C19192B55.jpg

Last edited:

luvthemvws

I'll be your Huckleberry! I will be GLAD to drive/crew the Kristi! My Kristi is likely to need service after thrashing at the Colorado Jamboree the weekend before.
Having yours ready to go would be ideal for me.
Text me at four oh two 840 7ate 32.

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
This is a little early, however it looks like Sun Valley may get hit with up to a foot of snow this coming week. Where PP plans to take us is even at a higher elevation, so I would imagine that area may get even more.

IMG_20191124_090030110.jpg

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Gmoose, boy did it snow and lots of it, as of this morning, Sun Valley has the 12 inch of new snow and more on the way...winter has arrived

Gmoose, did you get snow at your place?

Attachments

• s-l1600-1.jpg
    s-l1600-1.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 411
Last edited: