• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bombi with Ford 1.6 L engine - 2 barrel carb?

Mustang

I have a Bombi with a Ford 1.6 liter engine and the stock single barrel carburetor. It's running well but it's a little under powered running at 8,000 ft above sea level. I'm interested in learning more about a 2 barrel carburetor option from anyone that's done a carburetor upgrade successfully and been happy with the results (more horse power). Thanks!

snowcatt

Go to the Kent engine tuning and parts sites . some engines came with a 2 barrel weber carb
What do you have your timing set at ? I set one of my machines at 10 deg instead of 6 it has a lot more power but you have to run high grade fuel or it will ping .I also took the governor out and got an adapter block made . and put tach's in all of them with a 5000 red line . When they race these engines they go way higher than that Good Luck

Mustang

Sorry for the delayed response. Thanks for the tips! Great suggestions. I'll check out the Kent tuning sites. I'll also look at the timing when I bring the machine home for the summer. Thanks again!