• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Cozumel, 2011

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Didn't get much diving in because of the "Nortes", but it was still a wonderful trip. This place was beautiful! Sunset from our balcony:

Attachments

• IMG_1207.JPG
    IMG_1207.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 164

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
Headin' out diving ....

Attachments

• DSCN3256.JPG
    DSCN3256.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 159

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
Some fishies:

Attachments

• IMG_1194.JPG
    IMG_1194.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_1196.JPG
    IMG_1196.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_1203.JPG
    IMG_1203.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 162

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
Some not-so-good shots of the reef. In the first one, we're on the wall about 85' deep where it drops down to about 3000' to the left.

Attachments

• IMG_1188.JPG
    IMG_1188.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_1185.JPG
    IMG_1185.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 164

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice!!!

Really enjoyed the pics, except that moray eel. I don't like 'em... What kind is that? Not a green or snowflake.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
I've done this dive, it was spectacular! One of the things that amazed me was just how close to shore it was. Beautiful photos JPR. :clap:

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
Nice!!!

Really enjoyed the pics, except that moray eel. I don't like 'em... What kind is that? Not a green or snowflake.

I have no idea, but it was small enough that I wasn't a skeered ....:smile:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Outstanding pics JP.
Still trying to figure out Nortes ....
I found this:
Urban Dictionary: nortes
www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nortes
Bad word for Nortenos and Nortenas, or Nortes. Sur13 usually use it to offend them. Busters dont follow the rules and like to talk shit.

Is that the way you are using the word?

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
Outstanding pics JP.
Still trying to figure out Nortes ....
I found this:
Urban Dictionary: nortes
www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nortes
Bad word for Nortenos and Nortenas, or Nortes. Sur13 usually use it to offend them. Busters dont follow the rules and like to talk shit.

Is that the way you are using the word?

On Cozumel's west side, the wind and current come from the south, but after hurricaine season, things occasionally shift for periods of 2 or 3 days and the wind and current switch to a southerly flow from the north, aka El Norte. This usually brings high winds and rain.

Ironman

Nice pix JP. :clap:

Did you visit any bars on the other side of the island? I remember one bar out a ways with great food and no electric. Can't remember the name tho... and another one with wall to wall hats.

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
We went to La Lobsteria and La Mission in San Miguel. Great chow and hospitality!