• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

2000miles ,2 1/2 days ,one tired a#s ...

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Just did 2000 miles in 2 1/2 days hauling a load of glass to Idaho . Boy is my butt draggin . I'm gettin too old for this crap . I'm not even sure what day it is ..... :unsure::shock:.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Allen, not sure why you put this post in the "travel" forum. I think it belongs in the "self-administered torture" forum!!!

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
I hear you, we are now doing our Florida jaunts in three days. It is a little over 2000 miles. The best time that we have done is about 40 hours which included a stop over on the way home to visit a old high school buddy.

So now it is two nights in the motel, except when I get a little wild like last year on the way home, when we drove from Clermont to Madison with out a stop for sleep.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Allen, not sure why you put this post in the "travel" forum. I think it belongs in the "self-administered torture" forum!!!
I think you are right !!
I hear you, we are now doing our Florida jaunts in three days. It is a little over 2000 miles. The best time that we have done is about 40 hours which included a stop over on the way home to visit a old high school buddy.

So now it is two nights in the motel, except when I get a little wild like last year on the way home, when we drove from Clermont to Madison with out a stop for sleep.

We usually have 3 dogs and 2 cats with us . Its just a pain to get a room and try to sleep . This trip was just me and one other guy who slept the whole way !!!:sad:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We drive to Florida almost every year. But we are weenies. I typically drive from here to Macon, Georgia on the first day, stay over night and then have a half day drive the next day. Returning we drive somewhere north of Bowling Green, KY from Florida on the first day, then an easy day for the final leg home. Will be doing that right after Christmas this year, heading to Disney, Sea World & Universal parks.

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
I think you are right !!

We usually have 3 dogs and 2 cats with us . Its just a pain to get a room and try to sleep . This trip was just me and one other guy who slept the whole way !!!:sad:

We just have the Golden Retriever with us. Motel 6 will take them without a problem.

Now three dogs and two cats, I do not know.:confused:

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
We drive to Florida almost every year. But we are weenies. I typically drive from here to Macon, Georgia on the first day, stay over night and then have a half day drive the next day. Returning we drive somewhere north of Bowling Green, KY from Florida on the first day, then an easy day for the final leg home. Will be doing that right after Christmas this year, heading to Disney, Sea World & Universal parks.

You are already half way there from my point on the map.

We can see the fireworks at Disney from our front lawn.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm not even sure what day it is ..... :unsure::shock:.
You wrote it on Thursday. I'm replying on Friday.

If I start in the morning, I can do the drive from home to FL (1050 miles) straight through. If we leave after work, let's say 6 PM, I do about 6-700 miles then stop in GA overnight.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
when the wife is riding with me trips take longer...
when it's just me, I've been known to drive from her to Macon in under 16 hours, here to New Castle Pa in under 14, Here to Valley Forge in 18 (had to nap on the turnpike when a semi about splashed me off one of the curves). From here to Bemidji, Mn or Wild Rose, Wi both take about 11 hours - although by different routes.
My all time record straight through death march drive was KC to Goodyear, Az in 21 hours.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Erik - Do you still make trips to New Castle? I live about 20 minutes from there.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
haven't since getting married, but it's not out of the question in the future, now that the house is done.
Will let you know the next time we're heading out that way. (I used to love the Beer 4 Less store!)

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
(I used to love the Beer 4 Less store!)
I was just at a Beer 4 Less last night. Nothing better than a drive-thru beer store :punk: I also know they don't like it when you have a stock trailer in tow. Something about the horses crapping out the back whenever you stop.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Me thinks Bobcat does 2000 mile drives constantly through out the year. Going from one seismic unit to the next. :blink: I got to hand it to him! That driving would drve ME to insanity!

Cityboy

Banned
Just did 2000 miles in 2 1/2 days hauling a load of glass to Idaho . Boy is my butt draggin . I'm gettin too old for this crap . I'm not even sure what day it is ..... :unsure::shock:.

Awww...quit yur bitch'in you old fart...:poke: If I had your money I'd get a seperate room for the critters, a room for me and leave that "other" guy in the truck, since he was already asleep.....

I once drove from Twentynine Palms California to Atlanta Georgia in 39 hours....:blink:....But I was 21 years old at the time..:dizzy:....Damnifiddothatagain...:dizzy:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Awww...quit yur bitch'in you old fart...:poke: If I had your money I'd get a seperate room for the critters, a room for me and leave that "other" guy in the truck, since he was already asleep.....
:dizzy:

Well ! That wasn't very nice .:sad:

Since you have now made me about "half mad" , I think i'll just buy the damn state of Idaho and move it to California so I don't have to travel back and forth . I hope your'e happy cause this is going to piss off a bunch of Idahoans .:censored:

Cityboy

Banned
Well ! That wasn't very nice .:sad:

Since you have now made me about "half mad" , I think i'll just buy the damn state of Idaho and move it to California so I don't have to travel back and forth . I hope your'e happy cause this is going to piss off a bunch of Idahoans .:censored:

Just as long as you don't try and buy Oklahoma, I'm happy.........:w00t2:

Anyway, since your half mad instead of whole mad, just buy Arizona or Nevada.....Hell, can't discern the state lines anyway.........:hide: