• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Daedong's (Vin) trek across the US

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
What are the last 2 lines of text on the shirts? It's hard to read.

Jerry

Are you serious, you can't read the bottom two lines? Come on you got to be kidding me :confused2:

Oh alright I can't either, can someone tell us what the bottom 2 lines say?

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah, just saw that. Missed it before I posted. Crap, I'm a blind old fart... :fart2:

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
I was guessing that, but I thought it was more fun to let the old farts beat on each other....:hide:

Cityboy

Banned
Oh yeah...a shout-out to Jeremy (RBack33) Thanks for the Fat Tyre!! :beer: I'm enjoying it now....even though CG just smacked me :slap:for putting the condensating bottle on her dining room table without a coaster for the photo :hide:

Attachments

• P9290281.jpg
    P9290281.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 171

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Oh yeah...a shout-out to Jeremy (RBack33) Thanks for the Fat Tyre!! :beer: I'm enjoying it now....even though CG just smacked me :slap:for putting the condensating bottle on her dining room table without a coaster for the photo :hide:

Fat Tyre. Chimay glass.

Cityboy, we got to get you brewing!

Unfortunately, I am out of homebrew right now. But, I have a mini-keg of Sierra Nevada in the mini kegerator :D

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
If I wouldn't have kept putting it off, and brewed a few batches last spring, I'd could have waited for a south bound wind, sat outside sipping a couple glasses and lured them Aussies right out of Okie land! :bonk:

Cityboy

Banned
Fat Tyre. Chimay glass.

Cityboy, we got to get you brewing!

Unfortunately, I am out of homebrew right now. But, I have a mini-keg of Sierra Nevada in the mini kegerator :D

I've brewed a few batches in the past. Turned out pretty darned good too! :beer:

Well, when you get some more home brew, give me a shout and I'll pay the shipping & a gratuity for a case of your finest. :wub:

I've also got some Sierra Nevada Porter & Stout in the frige. :beer:

I'm ending the night with the stout, in a Chimay glass :biggrin:.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know what they are doing for the rest of the week, but they will be setting up camp at my place for Saturday night.

Good job Dave. I'm glad you'll get to hook up with Vin after all. :thumb: Pics are required you know. :D
Remember the tourist guy after 911. His pic was everywhere with everyone. Vin is FF's personal tourist guy. We'll all get our pic taken with him as he makes his way across our country. Kewl!!!!!!!!

What kind of beer does Vin like CB? Is he a Fosters drinker?

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Thanks to all for the piccy's and great posts on your time with Vin....very enjoyable thread this:thumb:

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
What kind of beer does Vin like CB? Is he a Fosters drinker?

I thought Fosters was what the Aussies send to the US because no one there will drink it. :unsure:

spiffy got it in one!
Vin spits almost as bad when you mention fosters as he did when CB tried to feed him Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. (too fruity, I htink was the comment)

Coopers - now - that will get his attention. Just make sure you have a second 6 pack on hand, because the first will be clutched tightly in his happy little fingers. ;)

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
Meeting Vin and Mary, CB & CG was great. Seeing Rback & Princess again was good - especially since it was above 6 degrees this time, and we could talk.
Mary was a wonderful, and obviously long suffering lady. ;)
Vin was great, too, once we got him relaxed enough to start talking. :thumb:

CB & CG were wonderful hosts/travel guides, and once the other 4 were out of the picture, took Tara and I to a place with REALLY good beer for lunch. :punk: (I napped for a while in the car after we left them)

Here are a couple of the pictures:
First is a dog collar we found for Gretchen.
the next is from the OKC Memorial.
then the shooting gallery
and last another of the memorial.

Attachments

• tn_100_1545.jpg
    tn_100_1545.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 219
  • tn_100_1550.jpg
    tn_100_1550.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 219
  • tn_100_1555.jpg
    tn_100_1555.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 221
  • tn_100_1557.jpg
    tn_100_1557.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 222
  • tn_100_1553.jpg
    tn_100_1553.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:

daedong

Just to bore you, a quick summary of where we've been so far.
Landed in LA, stayed in Vista CA for a few days to organise ourselves. travelled up the Ca coast and stopped with California in Sebastapol. Then 2 nights in SF, stayed with RNE in Sacramento then on to camp at Lake Tahoe. Went for breakfast at Peg's in Reno, moved on to Yosemite then on to Lone Pine at the base of Mt Whitney. From there we went to Vegas via Death Valley. took a joy flight over Hoover Dam and Grand Canyon. Camped at the Grand Canyon then on to Phoenix. From Phoenix to Texas via New Mexico where we met Bobcat. On to NASA at Houston. While in Texas caught up with many from TBN. From there to Oklahoma City, met CB, CG, Rback, Princess, Erik and his wife Tara. North through Missouri, stopped at Saint Louis for a ride to the top of the arch. Currently sitting on the banks of the Illinois River.

If you're not bored yet, here are some pics, no idea what quality, can't tell on this tiny screen.

Looking towards Lake Tahoe
SanFraniscotoLakeTahoe043.jpg

Lake Tahoe

LakeTahoe044.jpg

The whale of Lake Tahoe

LakeTahoe017.jpg

Yosemite

Yosemite025.jpg

Mt Whitney

LonePineMtWhitney012.jpg

Death Valley

DeathValley007.jpg

Las Vegas

LasVegas006.jpg

Hoover Dam
lakeMeadHooverDam036.jpg

Grand Canyon

Arizona034.jpg

NASA Mission control

NASA035.jpg

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
We are in North East Missouri, Frank it's a beautiful part of the world, going to look at some caves and the Mississippi river today

Geez Vin, if your on the Mississippi River rent a boat and come on up to Lake Pepin. :punk: Great pics. Is that you swimming?

Jim_In_Sunset

Vin, you should have brought some little empty bottles with you and filled one for every major body of water you've seen in the USA. Then, when you get back to Waikerie, you'd have quite a collection to display.:thumb:

daedong

Vin, you should have brought some little empty bottles with you and filled one for every major body of water you've seen in the USA. Then, when you get back to Waikerie, you'd have quite a collection to display.:thumb:

Jim you are dead right, you are one lucky people to have so much water.

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I am so enjoying this post, carry on the good work. How long are you going to be in the USA?

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
He's not leaving. He just applied for his green card and registered as a Democrat, not necessarily in that order. :rolleyes:

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
He's not leaving. He just applied for his green card and registered as a Democrat, not necessarily in that order. :rolleyes:

That's the reason his "test-trip" is West to East: he's trying to determine the correct route to vote in as many states as possible and registring [under assumed names! :shifty:] in each state on his way.....then on Nov4 reverse his route East to West gaining a couple hours of voting time! :mrgreen: