• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Daedong's (Vin) trek across the US

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
From Vin's photo, I'd have to go with Law&Order over The Office, but that second picture is so funny, that wins anyway! :yum:

Cityboy

Banned
OK, guys....Let's not hijack Vin's vacation thread and turn it into one of those PG/Bobcat flirt-fests with Spiffy as the peeping tom....errr... voyeur. :hammer: :poke:

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
I am shocked there is no new update today! We had a great time meeting for lunch yesterday! There are a good number of pics to go along with it. I wish Princess and I could have spent more time with everyone, but after being in Dallas all weekend (Hail to the Redskins!!) it was time to get home.

Cityboy

Banned
I am shocked there is no new update today! We had a great time meeting for lunch yesterday! There are a good number of pics to go along with it. I wish Princess and I could have spent more time with everyone, but after being in Dallas all weekend (Hail to the Redskins!!) it was time to get home.

The update's are coming, keep your panties on.

We've been busy visiting, seeing doing & eating our way across OKC. Off to the Cowboy Museum right now. We'll check in later this evening.

Cityboy

Banned
Well, Vin & Mary came to visit and we had a great time, other than Vin being a complete Aussie ass! They came to our house the first evening for dinner, coffee, beers and lots of conversation. The bastard gave us an ass-backward map and a pair of kangaroo nuts. I think he ran the roo over himself trying to learn how to drive in America by driving on the wrong side of the road back in Assie land..err.....Aussie land:

Attachments

• Vin & Mary005.jpg
    Vin & Mary005.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 123
  • Vin & Mary008.jpg
    Vin & Mary008.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 121

daedong

Seriously, I must thank CB, CG, Rback, Princess, Erik and Tara for going out of their way for us. It was really great meeting everyone. It's a pity we couldn't spend my time with you all, but we really must keep moving.
stores
We visited the Oklahoma Stockyards, ate huge steaks for lunch, visited the OKC bombing memorial, saw old farm buildings, visited the Cowboy Museum (unfortunately a bit rushed, would have liked to spend more time there). We also browsed an Outdoor Bass Pro shop, quite an eye opener. I'll let CB tell you the target shooting scores.

Pictures to come.

Cityboy

Banned
Indeed, we had a blast and wish we had more time to spend. The first evening, Vin & Mary came to our home and had dinner, coffee, beer & lots of conversation. Unfortunately CityGirl had to work a shift at the hospital that night so Vin & Mary were stuck with me, the kids, the cats and the dogs. Vin managed to somehow piss off the dogs....must have had something to do with cutting off the roos nuts......

Attachments

• Vin & Mary006.jpg
    Vin & Mary006.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 123
  • Vin & Mary004.jpg
    Vin & Mary004.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 124
  • Vin & Mary007.jpg
    Vin & Mary007.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

Cityboy

Banned
Of course, the political conversation wound up at the computer and the internet:

Attachments

• Vin & Mary011.jpg
    Vin & Mary011.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 122

Cityboy

Banned
Vin shows how big a roo-turd he thinks American politics are while Mary watches:

Attachments

• Vin & Mary013.jpg
    Vin & Mary013.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 120
  • Vin & Mary012.jpg
    Vin & Mary012.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 120

Cityboy

Banned
The next day CityGirl joins us after a night shift with no sleep for a cattle auction at Stockyards City followed by a steak dinner and shopping:

Attachments

• Vin & Mary011.jpg
    Vin & Mary011.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 121
  • Vin & Mary019.jpg
    Vin & Mary019.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 120
  • Vin & Mary014.jpg
    Vin & Mary014.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 119

Cityboy

Banned
Rback and Erik have some great photo's to post too. Hopefully Rback will hurry up and get all his work done so he can post the T-Shirt pics. :poke:

Anyway, we proceeded to Bricktown and the Brass Pro Shop. That damned liberal Aussie proceeded to kick my ass at electronic shooting. :dizzy:

Attachments

• Vin & Mary023.jpg
    Vin & Mary023.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 126

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Do you suppose he will be arrested when he returns to AusUK for handling a firearm, like a US citizen would for doing something that's legal while in another country but illegal in the US??

Oh, wait, not a real gun. :pat:

Cityboy

Banned
Here's a few more photo's. The first is some random Okie 's that passed by that Vin accosted to take photo's of this motley crew. Rback & Eric have those and I'm sure they'll post them soon.

The next photo is RBack shopping for panties as the girls help.

And the last photo is Vin, Erik & Mary having a laugh outside a shop in Stockyards City.

Attachments

• Vin & Mary013.jpg
    Vin & Mary013.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 121
  • Vin & Mary017.jpg
    Vin & Mary017.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 120
  • Vin & Mary018.jpg
    Vin & Mary018.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 115

Cityboy

Banned
And finally, sadly, we had to say goodbye to Mary & Vin outside the Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum today. :sad:

I think Vin was actually trying to flip us the bird, but couldn't quite figure it out:

Attachments

• Vin & Mary002.jpg
    Vin & Mary002.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 180
  • Vin & Mary003.jpg
    Vin & Mary003.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 182
  • Vin & Mary004.jpg
    Vin & Mary004.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 183

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
<snip>
I think Vin was actually trying to flip us the bird, but couldn't quite figure it out:

Nope, he got it right. That's the UK version.

http://shop.1asecure.com/prod.cfm?ProdID=255500&StID=4908

Hey Vin, check out the reference to AusUK and U. S. farm subsidies...:rolf2:

Wikipedia said:
V sign as an insult
The insulting version of the gesture (with the palm inwards) is often compared to the offensive gesture known as "the finger". The "two-fingered salute", or "bowfinger", as it is also known, is commonly performed by flicking the V upwards from wrist or elbow. The V sign, when the palm is facing toward the person giving the sign, has long been an insulting gesture in England,[4] and later in the rest of the United Kingdom; its use is largely restricted to the UK, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand.[5] It is frequently used to signify defiance (especially to authority), contempt or derision,[6] and is often accompanied by the phrases "up yours" or "**** off". It is seen in the poster and DVD cover of Ken Loach's film Kes.

As an example of the V sign (palm inward) as an insult, on November 1, 1990, The Sun, a popular British tabloid, ran an article on its front page with the headline "Up Yours, Delors" next to a large hand making a V sign protruding from a Union flag cuff. The Sun urged its readers to stick two fingers up at then President of the European Commission Jacques Delors, who had suggested that more European integration might be a good thing. The article attracted a number of complaints about its alleged racism, but the now defunct Press Council rejected the complaints after the editor of The Sun stated that the paper reserved the right to use vulgar abuse in the interests of Britain.[7][8]

For a time in the UK, "a Harvey (Smith)" became a way of describing the insulting version of the V sign, much as "the word of Cambronne" is used in France, or "the Trudeau salute" is used to describe the one-fingered salute in Canada. This happened because, in 1971, show-jumper Harvey Smith was disqualified for making a televised V sign to the judges after winning the British Show Jumping Derby at Hickstead. (His win was reinstated two days later.)[9]

Harvey Smith pleaded that he was simply using a Victory sign, a defence also used by other figures in the public eye.[10] Sometimes foreigners visiting the countries mentioned above use the "two-fingered salute" without knowing it is offensive to the natives, for example when ordering two beers in a noisy pub, or in the case of the United States president George H. W. Bush, who while touring Australia in 1992, attempted to give a "peace sign" to a group of farmers in Canberra — who were protesting about U.S. farm subsidies — and instead gave the insulting V sign.[11]

Attachments

• 561331_d.jpg
    561331_d.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good pics CB. Looks like you guys had a good time. Way to go. :thumb:

Where is Vin off to?

Cityboy

Banned
Good pics CB. Looks like you guys had a good time. Way to go. :thumb:

Where is Vin off to?

Doc - We had a blast! I wish we could have showed Vin & Mary even more hospitality, but there's never enough time to "see it all", so we saw and did what we could.

He's off to camp in the Tulsa, OK area 2night, and then I think heading to Chicago to see some redneck up there. :whistling:

If I win the lottery in the next couple of week's or so, I'll show up at your Ohio FF meet-up and buy all the beer. :beer: I'd love to make the Ohio meet-up! So you guys have fun Columbus Day Weekend, take lots of photo's, and tip a beer or three for me & CityGirl and all the other FF member's and friends we'll miss seeing that weekend.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Great pics Cityboy. Thanks for posting them. You mean you might come to Ohio if you win the lottery? Psstt........you have to play the darned lottery to win, now get out there and buy those tickets.

Cityboy

Banned
Great pics Cityboy. Thanks for posting them. You mean you might come to Ohio if you win the lottery? Psstt........you have to play the darned lottery to win, now get out there and buy those tickets.

TC - You bet your ass I'm gonna play! Every FF member I've met I like so far. There's a great bunch of people here, and we are looking forward to meeting more of you guys in the future.

Politics be damned! There's so much more to all of us than that. You just can't begin to understand until you stand eye-to-eye with someone. Let me say again what a great time we had this week!!!!!

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Man. Guy has to work for a living and look at the abuse he takes while he is gone. The best part of the panty shopping was seeing the women model them all while you guys were drinking beer....:shifty:

Lets see what I can find here....

The group photo taken by the accosted folks... and the to be infamous T-Shirts....:mrgreen:

Attachments

• phpDTnmJqPM.JPG
    phpDTnmJqPM.JPG
    221.3 KB · Views: 177
  • phpiWxnE8PM.jpg
    phpiWxnE8PM.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 175
  • phpvAoYqMPM.jpg
    phpvAoYqMPM.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 174

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
I'll have to post more later. All the pics are copied off the camera card to the wife's hard drive. I have to resize all the images and her computer does not have any programs for it. It takes a while to do with the online sites so....:bonk: