• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A Question Of Bread

Ironman

It's said that a sandwich is only as good as the bread you use for making them.
I tend to agree.
Are you a bargain white bread shopper, or do you have a specific brand/type that you use?

:D

I buy Browberry whole wheat honey & oatnut. Not cheap but it's good stuff!

1zlxkbb.jpg

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
We have not bought ANY bread in more than 3 years. I make it all, from basic white bread to rye, wheat, sourdough, hamburger & hotdog buns, artisan and multi-grain breads. All made with unbleached, unbromated flours and all natural preservatives like olive oil and butter. Of course, most people prefer to buy from the store because it will keep in the bread box for 10 days without molding or spoiling.

Honey whole wheat sandwich buns...

P1030563.jpg

Homemade "Lavash" crackers made with white, wheat & rye flours...

P1030140.jpg

Light rye sandwich loaf...

P1020804.jpg

Polish sourdough rye...

P1020721.jpg

Cinnamon swirl topped with oatmeal...

P1020646.jpg

Homemade English muffins...

EmglishMuffin020410.jpg

Sourdough Italian...

SourdoughItalian-2.jpg

Freeform Italian...

P1020372.jpg

Epi style French baguettes...

P1020376.jpg

Artisan white bread...

P1020320.jpg

Dinner rolls...

P1020275.jpg

Jewish rye...

RyeBread092509.jpg

Cornbread with butter & honey...

P1020057.jpg

Braided Challah bread...

Challah-1-041109.jpg

100% Whole wheat...

P1010629.jpg

Indian roti bread...

RotiwithTuna.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Holy crap, the first thread I hit and it's Joe's lovely loaves..buns and other goodies!
Mmmmmmm.. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... MMMMMMMMMMMMM!! :D

Send me some challah next time you make it.. BEG2.gif there is a serious lack of it around here.. :yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Ironman, I love Arnold bread too-- Pepperidge Farms and Aunt Millie's.
PF make neat little flat breads (deli flats) that are perfect for sandwiches.
Today I had a big fatty grilled cheese on Aunt Millie's Light Potato bread with caramelized onions and Progresso tomato soup.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
We make a lot of our own (sorry - no great pictures like JEV posted) but if we buy it's a heavy, hearty rye. JEV, your post makes me want to go do some baking but it's been a long day following a very short night; think I'll go fall down instead.