• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Favorite "Fair" Food?

Ironman

What is your favorite fair food where you are?

I love fresh cheese curds at my county fair (deep fried & battered - yummy!). I also love the beer. Cheese and beer, what more could I want. :tongue:

What do you have where you live?

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Funnel cakes!!!!!!!!

Followed in second place by Fays BBQ Pork Chops (usually a 20 minute line at their food tent).

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Funnel cakes!!!!!!

When my mom was alive my wife, my mom and I would go to all the fairs in the area just to get FUNNEL CAKES. Hot and topped with powdered sugar. We had been doing the same with our daughter, but now that she has been diagnosed as a Type 1 insulin dependent diabetic I'm not sure we will continue this tradition.

Followed by corn on the cob, dipped in butter.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I like the funnel cakes myself, as well as the fresh squeezed lemonade, AND those Belgian waffles.. oh my gosh! heaven!!
I've always loved cotton candy too, as well as candy apples (with the nuts, of course).
Cheese curds? I don't think I've seen those at the fairs around here, but we do have them at A&W restaurants.

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Cinnamon rolls!

33672719_e62b7c70bd.jpg

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Would you guys cut that out. Ever since I was diagnosed as being diabetic (insulin resintant) I've had to give all that good stuff up so what's the point of going to the fair if you can't eat 6,000 calories of pure, totally scrumptious, sugar loaded, no food value what-so-ever, crap!!!!! Oh man, I miss it.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hot sausage, onion and peppers on a bun ...... come on, you all know you love it!

Attachments

• sausage.jpg
    sausage.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 144

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
I'm with Big Dog .....just top that sausage and onion in a bun with HP brown sauce and mustard....Damn im hungry:thumb:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I agree Kimi, this thread is making me hungry to.

Funnel cakes, corn on the cob, and gyros. Ohio State Fair has the best gyros. ummmmmm good. :thumb:

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
We had been doing the same with our daughter, but now that she has been diagnosed as a Type 1 insulin dependent diabetic I'm not sure we will continue this tradition.

Bob, you can take me and I'll eat your daughters share of funnel cakes (along with my own share.)

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
What? nobody mentioned the deep fried Snickers?

Attachments

• 2445743262_7648494d59.jpg
    2445743262_7648494d59.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 138

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Gotta go with the roasted ears of corn first followed by the ole funnel cake.

BamsBBQ

oh i could tell you stories about fair food..lol

the first picture is of food joint that my friend owns... beside it is a game that i designed and built..

the second is a better shot of the game i built

and the third one is one of my friends games

Attachments

• candy%20factory716.jpg
    candy%20factory716.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 79
  • hoop%20shot552.jpg
    hoop%20shot552.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 751198843_6a5d948ef3.jpg
    751198843_6a5d948ef3.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 81

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
How about those big assed turkey legs that people go around munching on?
They've had those at fairs around here the last couple of years.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ^^^
Well, no cheese curds here at the fairs, but the A&W has them..

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
There is this one booth that is in our area that attends most fairs and events in our area. It typically has a line that you have to wait in but is fairly fast. All other booths or stands usually have no one in line and you don't have to wait. There is a reason for that. Trust me waiting in line for their onion rings or cheese curds or combo packs is well worth it. I tell you what PG you come over during the fair this year and I will buy you a combo pack.