• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

London Symphony plays at St Paul's Cathedral

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well its been pretty hectic the last week or so, consequently no photos or updates.

I'm now sitting on the bonny bonny shores of Loch Lomond in our really cute cabin.

The wedding was absolutely amazing. Karen has some great friends and the inlaws were a lot of fun. I really got along well with her husband's brother in law. Kalish. He's Indian. Being the Star Trek geek that I am all I could think when I heard his name was the Klingon Warrior/god by the same name and wanted to ask him if his parents were Star Trek fans . . . :shifty: but I refrained :sad:

One of the groomsmen showed up in a new Ferrari. He wouldn't let me drive. Something about a quarter million came up and things got a little blurry at that point. Guests arrived from Tokyo, Australia, France, USA, and at least a half dozen other nations. I heard at least 10 different countries, but it may have been more. Many of us were around before the wedding and got together at a couple dinners, picnics, taverns, so it sort of turned into a multi-day party. Best wedding I've ever attended, and I got to walk my sister down the aisle (with my brother).

After the wedding we spent a couple hectic days with Anita/ICE QUEEN. She picked us up in the afternoon, kept us up until way past our bedtimes, and then loaded us in her car for some long days exploring the countryside of Wales and the borderlands of England. 2 full days of that was enough to just about kill us all. I think we got to see EVERYTHING :biggrin: Tintern Abbey was something I wanted to see on our last trip, Anita got us there. We stumbled upon a SNOW TRAC connection at the Abbey. Philip Chapman is a noted sculptor, he is the son of the man who developed/modified the Snow Trac for suitable use by the British Military and has a wealth of knowledge on Snow Tracs. His sculpture of Mary and the baby Jesus is below. Castle photos are Ragland Castle.

Sadly we had to leave and headed up to Birmingham, where we realized we had left Melen's insulin in Anita's refrigerator :mellow:

I spent 12 hours riding the train that day. Aberystwyth to Birmingham, Birmingham to Aberystwyth, Aberystwyth back to Birmingham.

Our plan was to fly from Birmingham to Glasgow, the tickets to fly were about $260 for the 3 of us, but the cost to get our luggage there was over $1000. We rented a car. Brilliant vehicle. A 2012 VW Passat Diesel, averaged 55.9 mpg driving up to the cottage on the west shore of Loch Lomond, which is about an hour north of Glasgow.

Attachments

• IMG_1298.jpg
    IMG_1298.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1318.jpg
    IMG_1318.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1350.jpg
    IMG_1350.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_1406.jpg
    IMG_1406.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_1550.jpg
    IMG_1550.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_1288.jpg
    IMG_1288.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 100

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The rock is a Druid 'standing stone' that is literally a block away from Anita's house in Nebo.

The remaining photos are from here at the cottage and its grounds.

Attachments

• IMG_1641.jpg
    IMG_1641.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1651.jpg
    IMG_1651.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1657.jpg
    IMG_1657.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_1643.jpg
    IMG_1643.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1627.jpg
    IMG_1627.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1619.jpg
    IMG_1619.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1565.jpg
    IMG_1565.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 102

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hereford England, the Cathedral, plus All Saints Church which now has a cafe inside the church where they still hold mass. Very strange :hammer:

At one time, Anita lived at the Cathedral and was the Vicar's wife at the Church.

Oh, and there is a photo of a 2-way tunnel we drove through that is about 6" wider than a Buick and just a little taller than a normal human.

Attachments

• IMG_1184.jpg
    IMG_1184.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1199.jpg
    IMG_1199.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1207.jpg
    IMG_1207.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_1216.jpg
    IMG_1216.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1230.jpg
    IMG_1230.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1268.jpg
    IMG_1268.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 100

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like some interesting places to visit. That charge for the luggage is crazy. You are probably better off driving anyway as it gives you more to see. This is like a mini tour of the island nations.:clap: