• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Scotch!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I haven't drank scotch for years, but after reading this thread I'm ready for a votch and scotter! :yum: (what a friend used to always call scotch and water). That is how I drank it years ago, maybe I'll try it neat and see how I like it that way.

Do you have anything else on the side when you are drinking it neat?

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I haven't drank scotch for years, but after reading this thread I'm ready for a votch and scotter! :yum: (what a friend used to always call scotch and water). That is how I drank it years ago, maybe I'll try it neat and see how I like it that way.

A good cigar, and about an hour with nothing to do.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
not a drinker any more as a member of my family can't afford to be around it but when i was it was beer now days on a hot day i will go out and have a near beer or some sparkling cider. but i do miss the days of a social drink with the boys don't miss the days of mistakes made from over doing it.

SShepherd

real scotch lovers add a little water, it brings out the flavors a bit (but ice probably does ok) and softens the alc.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
real scotch lovers add a little water, it brings out the flavors a bit (but ice probably does ok) and softens the alc.

Yuk. No h2o for me. Water, any water, dilutes the flavor experience. I have to disagree with you on this one. And never ever add ice to Scotch. Talk about killing the experience.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
One of our largest customers asked us to assemble a sensory panel. They then sent in some trainers for their way of doing things. It seems nobody tastes things the same way. For instance, one of the samples was sour, and varying degrees of sour. I couldn't tell sour until the third level, and thought the highest level of sour was best, kinda like a great lemonade. Most everybody else there gagged on the same stuff. I asked for seconds!

But I agree, whatever floats your cork when drinking, so long as you drink good stuff, drink with good friends, drink well, and moderate the drinking. And if you can't moderate, at least be a happy drunk.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
but i do miss the days of a social drink with the boys don't miss the days of mistakes made from over doing it.

Me neither. I still imbibe but only in moderation. No more taking Saturday and Sunday to recover from a "great" Friday night. When it started taking two days to get over it, I quit doing it.

As far as drinking Scotch goes, however you enjoy it, that's the right way to drink it. :smile:

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
Highland Park is pretty good.
so is the Dalwhinnie (sp?) "Cigar Malt" and the Balvenie "double cask"

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Highland Park is pretty good.
so is the Dalwhinnie (sp?) "Cigar Malt" and the Balvenie "double cask"
I think it is Doublewood, but it is good stuff. Smoother and lighter than a lot of scotch.
I have not tried the Cigar Malt, but the Dalwhinnie 15 is also a smooth and tasty malt.