• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

pickeling...stuff

alaska120

Mayor McCheese
SUPER Site Supporter
I am in the process of collecting garden veggies for pickeling. Question. I only have a few green bean plants. Can I freeze the beans until I have enough for a whole batch of canning or should I just do a jar or two as I get enough?
Also, I seem to remember a quick and easy way of pickeling by using existing/left over juice from a commercial pickel jar. Any ideas?

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
We don't can our green beans. We blanch them, give them an ice water bath, then put them on freezer bags and freeze them.

SShepherd

when you freeze the beans, use heavyduty freezer bags.

put in the beans, the fill in the air space with water and freeze the whole thing. The result is a big greenbean icecube. This will help prevent the beans from getting freezer burnt.

loboloco

I really wouldn't bother canning green beans. Freezing is as good or better unless you have a massive amount or limited freezer space.