• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Emotional Support Chicken Anyone?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
https://www.businessinsider.com/popeyes-emotional-support-chicken-airport-2018-12

5c193c7eb3c21d69bb06c45c-750-563.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't support those sites that DEMAND that I turn my ad blocker off!

Popeyes is launching "Emotional Support Chicken" for stressed-out travelers this holiday season.

On Tuesday, the chicken chain announced that it is selling three-piece chicken-tenders meals packaged in "Emotional Support Chicken" carriers at Philadelphia International Airport. The special chicken will be available as supplies last starting Tuesday at the Popeyes location in Terminal C.

Emotional-support animals have been making headlines recently, as passengers have pushed for the ability to bring increasingly bizarre companions on flights.

The number of emotional-support animals traveling aboard commercial flights has jumped 74% from 481,000 in 2016 to 751,000 in 2017, according to trade group Airlines for America. In January, a woman tried to bring an emotional-support peacock on a United Airlines flight. And, in February, another woman said Spirit Airlines told her to flush her emotional-support hamster down the toilet.

Etc..
:yum:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
When I fly my emotional support comes from a little bottle that says GLENLEVIT :yum:

I've also had pleasant conversations with Johnny Walker

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
PETA condemns Popeyes' 'emotional support chicken' meal
By Janine Puhak | Fox News

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/peta-fires-back-at-popeyes-over-emotional-support-chicken-meal

Video link:https://video.foxnews.com/v/5982148542001/

The People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) isn’t laughing at Popeyes’ jab at the raging national debate over emotional support animals on planes.

The world’s largest animal rights organization has issued a fiery statement chastising the fried chicken chain for making light of the subject with their 'Emotional Support Chicken' carrier.

For a limited time, Popeyes is offering travelers at Philadelphia International Airport an “Emotional Support Chicken” disposable tote when they purchase a 3-piece chicken tender combo meal. The promotion provides guests with a carry-on box in the shape of a chicken and a sign boasting about its chicken’s “comforting” effects for travelers.

PETA, however, wasn't amused by the move, and responded on Twitter.

"#Popeyes is selling boxes of dead “emotional support chickens” for the holidays, proving they’re not above mocking mental illness AND animals who died gruesome deaths. This is what the box would look like if it told the truth about what goes into their food,” reps for PETA wrote on Dec. 19.

The organization shared an illustrated image of their take on the to-go carrier, featuring a chicken with sad-looking eyes and a message about the chain's "abused" chicken inscribed on it.

“This chicken needs emotional support. She had no comfort or nourishment during her incredibly stressful life. Like all Popeyes chickens, she was abused and killed and constantly restricted – never able to roam or fly,” the graphic reads. “Popeyes is responsible for the slaughter of millions of chickens per year.”

According to their official webpage, PETA boasts over 6.5 million members and supporters across the globe.

Attachments

• AEF5AC0C-A71A-4E7F-8435-E5F1AF81AAA6.jpeg
    AEF5AC0C-A71A-4E7F-8435-E5F1AF81AAA6.jpeg
    158.9 KB · Views: 127

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
PETA kills all of the animals that caring people entrust to their "merciful care". In my opinion, their acronym actually stands for People Exterminating Trusting Animals! They "rescue" animals the same way that Hitler's Gestapo "rescued" German Jews!!

Yes, that's harsh, but so is the actuality of PETA's operations, which bear no resemblance to their hype.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
PETA kills all of the animals that caring people entrust to their "merciful care". In my opinion, their acronym actually stands for People Exterminating Trusting Animals! They "rescue" animals the same way that Hitler's Gestapo "rescued" German Jews!!

Yes, that's harsh, but so is the actuality of PETA's operations, which bear no resemblance to their hype.

Not harsh at all. The cacksakers have it coming and then some.