• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

HELP.......Tri Tip

Jen's Jeep

Site Supporter
Ok...we have no BBQ, except a little Webber, thats no way to cook a tri-tip.

I need a yummy recipe for tri-tip. I usually stick it in the oven, but I wanna try something different.

Im searching the web, but I figured you guys might have a secret you might share:whistle:

Thank you much!!

DAP

Yea well Ok, I'll go right ahead and say what thousands of others are thinking .... what the hell is a tri-tip?

Let's start there.

:whistle_lips:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Jen's Jeep said:
People really dont know what tri-tip is??:pat:

I'm from Texas, raised on a cattle ranch. Never heard of that cut until today.:confused2:

Jim

Eric L

Site Supporter
working woman said:
Never heard of the cut either. Is it like a london broil or not as tuff?

Not tough at all if done properly... much better than London Broil...lotsa marbleing

working woman

Site Supporter
I'll take that as a yes so here it is this is for a 1-3 lb piece of meat
1/4 c all purpose flour
1 8oz can pineapple slices w/ juice
1/4 c soy sauce4 tbs lemon juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cold water
2 tbsp. shortening
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp dried crushed basil
2 tbsp. cornstarch
coat meat with flour and brown in hot shortening. Drain pineapple, reserve juice. Mix reserve juice, lemon juice, soy sauce, brown sugar basil and garlic and pour over meat. Cover and roast at 350 until tender about 2 hrs. Base occ. with combined mix. and drippings. During the last 10 min of roasting, place pineapples on top of roast.
When done pour juices into 2 c measuring cup, skim fat. add water to juices to make 2 c. return to pan. Blend cold water and cornstarch and stir into pan juices, cook stirring occ. until think and bubbly. Drizzle roast with 3 T. of the sauce. Serve remaining sauce with roast.

Eric L

Site Supporter
PBinWA said:
I'd never heard of it until I moved to Portland, OR. It's kind of Western States thing I think.

Yeah, we breed the cattle here specifically to have different cuts of beef...