• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

computer mouse

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I bought a new laptop in Feb. Started using it regularly about two weeks ago. My old one still works but it was 6 years old and freezing up on me sometimes. Took me a while to load all the software I wanted onto the new one and get files moved but now it is on full time duty and the old was gets a rest.

The new one is fast, 20g of ram, 1TB SSD. All good. Guess what, it freezes up on occasion also. :pat: Guess it's a windows 10 feature. but that is not the point of this post.

On the new laptop the mouse pointer would freeze or jump to somewhere else on the screen ...or not move when I moved it. This was the mouse that came with the laptop. So I swapped to one I had with an old Mini laptop that was sitting close by. Same issue. What BS. I dealt with it until today. Today I swapped the mouse I used with my old laptop and use it on the new one. World of difference. It works like it did on the old laptop. No jumping around. No loosing the pointer. No hesitation. It's a logitech mouse. Others are off brands that I do not know the make of. This post is to let you know if you have the same frustrating mouse experience upgrade to a logitech and it will make you smile.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
We have a Logitech wireless mouse on the Win10 laptop. The Mac uses its own wireless Apple mouse.

They both have a knack of pissing me off from time to time.