• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I tried, I really tried

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
To watch the impeachment proceedings.

The first part was easy enough with John Roberts and Trump's attorney's opening remarks.

Then came Schiff. OMG I listened for 15 minutes and looking back I'm not sure how I lasted that long. I was hoping for a back an forth rebuttal argument but of course that is not the nature of how congress works. They blather on and on and on saying the same shit we've all heard for so many days I can't count them. :puke1:

I could not take anymore and have not watched since.

Have any of you been masochist enough to watch this Shiff show?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
We can look forward to weeks, if not months, of this crap. I ordered a full case of my favorite scotch to get through it.

My vintner told me demand is so high today booze is on back order:laugh3:

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I figured out how to make DC go green. Have yearround impeachments, set up wind gennies around DC and run them off the hot air.
Mike

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I'll third that. Actually, I stocked up a couple of weeks ago so I'm ready for anything.

My wife had the proceedings on as background noise so I caught a few snippets throughout the day. I can't say that I paid a whole lot of attention though. The whole thing has been boring me to death for weeks. It's enough to drive to drink but, as I said earlier, I'm ready for that.

rugerman

I watched it for a few minutes, long enough to get pissed off about the enormous waste of time and money for this sham of an impeachment. I thought that the representatives and senators were supposed to do stuff to make this country better, not argue like little kids over whose toy it is. This impeachment has nothing to do with anything that President Trump has done, it has to do only that he beat Hilary and now the democrats want to sully his image with voters for the next election.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
As far as I can tell, the President has been impeached for something as mundane as putting ketchup on a hot dog. Not that he actually did so but the left seems to be convinced he wanted too. And now have moved to remove him from office for a non crime which they surmised only in the mind.

I know it sounds hyperbolic to suggest it but this kind of political action, weaponizing the Impeachment process in order to nullify the will of the people, really could bring down the Republic.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Pat Cipollone to Nadler: " You're not in charge here."

"Those addressing the Senate should remember where they are."
- Chief Justice Roberts

Oh I liked that.
No, I did not get to see any of it live.
I'm catching up this morning.
For as long as this crap has been going on, wouldn't you think that if there was any impeachable offense, this would be over in a matter of days?
Looks to be exactly what we think it is.
A juvenile shit show from the left still longing to be in the White House.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I used to think I am paranoid thinking the dims want to take down our republic but more and more friends are saying the same thing now.
Mike

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I know it sounds hyperbolic to suggest it but this kind of political action, weaponizing the Impeachment process in order to nullify the will of the people, really could bring down the Republic.

Franc, I totally agree. This rabid hatred and absolute opposition to anything Republican has created a divide in this country that may never be healed. It's just a question of how far the crack will propagate as to whether it divides the country completely in half or not. And it's all so stupid. Don't the Dems remember Harry Reid's use of the "nuclear option" in the Senate and how that came back to bite them in the ass many times over. If you set a precedent you better be willing to live with the consequences.

So, now that the ground rules for impeachment have been set for the House, no President will be able to govern without being continually tied up in proceedings. The bar has been set so low, that he could be impeached for spitting on the sidewalk as that actually is a crime in many places.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

beagle hunter

Trump has exceeded my expectations and as usual my senator is an embarrassment.[ Susan Collins ] Think what he could get done if they would just get out of the way!

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
America has seen . . .

Attachments

• DDF796C9-5376-4215-83D0-10B698DD31DF.jpeg
    DDF796C9-5376-4215-83D0-10B698DD31DF.jpeg
    76.9 KB · Views: 23

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The Circus Comes To The Senate . . .