• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Help-Water Softener Error 3 Whirlpool WHES40

papichuloy2k

Hi everyone, I am on a tight budget and my water softener broke down. It's a Whirlpool WHES 40 with an error message 3 and Service message. I followed the manual and cleaned the venturi, and all that section that the manual calls. I plugged back in and the same error code.

The switch appears to open and close, the sprocket or top gear rotates, I can hear a noise as if water is entering but I am not able to see if water is actually entering. The water softener seems to cycle thorugh, but the message is there. Before ordering the seal package #18 that costs $43.00, and the switch, Is there anything else that I need to clean to rule out as the cause?

Thank you in advance for your help.