• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker Tracks: steel or rubber??

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
What are the peoples feelings on this site what is the prefferance old steel track tuckers or new age rubber tracks??? Ride quality, noise, maintenace, traction, ect?:rolleyes: :blahblah:

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Rubber tracks with cleats for most older applications. The newer all rubber Tucker Terra type tracks are gaining popularity. I believe as improvements in the durability of all rubber tracks and design improve, that is the fastest, quietest, lowest maintenance, and best ride available. I still do not think they can compete with a rubber belted tracks with metal J cleats for traction and climbing ability.
Bil
:my2cents: :argue: :YesNo:

dseymour

Having maintained and operated all three tucker designs i would agree with mtntopper. For grooming snowmobile trails theTucker Terra seems to be the best. The Terra works great in marginal snow.

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
My experience goes along with what Mtntopper said. Terra's best for the ride, Belts with grousers are most agressive and quieter, but the old original Steel Tracks probably still hold the record for being the only vehicles to traverse the 1000 miles across the south pole. Though they did bring some belted track vehicles on the expedition, they were abandon along the way as they used up there fuel and supplies. I don't believe anyone has made a second crossing of the south pole since 1958.

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Lyndon said:
. I don't believe anyone has made a second crossing of the south pole since 1958.
Well???? what do ya say??? I have alot of time to waste this winter?? I think we could make it ?? enough Beer and blankets you can do anything!!!!!!!!!:pat: :toilet: :wave: FF Snow cat meet south pole next week YOU IN????????

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think I need a new cat first Hey Big Al Can I ride w/you wet bar and bar-b-que will come in handy at the bottom of a crevice.:a1: :rolleyes: :moon:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
mbsieg said:
I think I need a new cat first Hey Big Al Can I ride w/you wet bar and bar-b-que will come in handy at the bottom of a crevice.:a1: :rolleyes: :moon:
Because you defended my Snow Cat honor at a low point in my life when I was attacked by that lowlife Snot Trac group I would be honored to have you sit and ride in Yetti . We may end up stuck, but By God we will be happy,:a1: drunk:burp: and full OF Hotdogs:fart2: !!!