• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Too happy to soon

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Robert called me today when I was working on my truck around noon, said he is still being discharged today but a few minutes before he called me the Doctor came in walked over and shut the TV off looked him the eye and said the tests came back from the lymph nodes and he has cancer cells in 5 lymph nodes. Best case is chemo for 6 months . Not good I am sure thats why the 90-95% 5 year mortality rate. He said he feels like he just got kicked in the nuts. Me too. Marty

Bannedjoe

I don't know this person, nor hardly anyone of you yet, but I do understand your anxiety, pain, and pregrief.
Your person needs your strength.
Why?
I don't know, it just seems like the right thing to give in times like this.

Joe

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
He is still hanging in there and now has lost a lot of weight. He used to be a big guy 6'-2". close to 400# he is about 250# and just doesn't look good. He felt sorry for himself for a month or so but now focused on completing a hot rod project he started a few years ago. We still hang out when I have time and try to make everything feel the same as its always been. He knows he can't change anything and life goes on until it doesn't.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Update on Robert, He has been on Chemo for a while now and was doing OK, He had a doctor appointment yesterday and a PET scan. Today he sent me a text:
"Hey Marty this is what the doctor said today, my cancer is spreading like wild fire. I now have cancer in both lungs, in my Pancras , in my bones and in my limp nods. The doctor said get your matters together and do things you wanted to do that makes you happy." I haven't responded to it yet. I can imagine how he and his wife feel right now. He has been keeping himself busy with projects trying to get things in order. It doesn't sound good. He is down under 200# and his muscles are gone.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Update on Robert, He has been on Chemo for a while now and was doing OK, He had a doctor appointment yesterday and a PET scan. Today he sent me a text:
"Hey Marty this is what the doctor said today, my cancer is spreading like wild fire. I now have cancer in both lungs, in my Pancras , in my bones and in my limp nods. The doctor said get your matters together and do things you wanted to do that makes you happy." I haven't responded to it yet. I can imagine how he and his wife feel right now. He has been keeping himself busy with projects trying to get things in order. It doesn't sound good. He is down under 200# and his muscles are gone.

I’m so sorry. I wish there was something we could do.

marchplumber

Site Supporter
All I can do is send my prayers.

Prayer is a VERY powerful tool, granted by God for direct communication. "IT" never fails, but the outcome is not always what the "pray'er" requests.

I am VERY sorry for your friend. You are most correct, life does go on. We though, are finite in body. Our Spirit can have eternal life through Jesus. Absent from the body, present with the Lord.

God's strength and shelter be with you all, as your friends journey continues.

Tony

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Update on Robert, earlier in the Month his wife and son contracted COVID from a relative. Robert never got it but they banned him from the hospital and Chemo treatment until everyone got better. Last Monday he was scheduled for treatment but was rejected because his blood platelets need to be over 100 and they were 79. Over the Christmas holiday his heath has declined. This morning his wife sent me a text saying he has been sleeping most of the time and has lost interest in everything. Not eating or drinking water very much and can hardly stand. His skin is grey with dark circles around his eyes. Tomorrow he is scheduled for the Chemo again but only if his Platlets are over 100. I have seen this before and feel soon he will shut down and without any food or water it will likely only be a few days. I can't call him anymore or text, his wife says he hasn't looked at is phone for days and has no interest. I feel sorry for her and his son, he was self employed and they were all involved. Over the last couple of years he has been ill the business declined and they are surviving on his disability. He already sold everything of value and soon they will have nothing with no income and no Robert. I guess life isn't fair but they are getting a extra large portion of it.