• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Trip to the Vet's office for annual shots

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Walter loves car rides
Mitty hates to go in the car

Walter is fearless and was chillin on the floor
Mitty is a giant wus and sat in the corner

Walter took her shots like a champ
Mitty did not like getting his shots

Walter rode home looking out the window
Mitty barfed in the back seat

Attachments

• 52D74238-1F9B-4153-9B7B-6A49FD65DC68.jpg
    52D74238-1F9B-4153-9B7B-6A49FD65DC68.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 145

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Walter loves car rides
Mitty hates to go in the car

Walter is fearless and was chillin on the floor
Mitty is a giant wus and sat in the corner

Walter took her shots like a champ
Mitty did not like getting his shots

Walter rode home looking out the window
Mitty barfed in the back seat

Exactly the same here! :th_lmao:

My dog, my wifes dogs and my SIL’s dogs total 6 cocker spaniels in the house.

Love car rides YES

Hate car rides. YES

Think the Vet is the grandest place YES

Hate the Vet. YES

Barf on the way home. Only sometimes.

:yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Lmao. Sounds like our 3 dogs. Marley is asleep within 5 minutes on a car ride. Cooper settles not long after. Thunder.....not so much. He gets really nervous in a car. So we give him gravol before a car ride. And he gets kenneled. He does much better that way.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
My dog hates the car, likes the truck a little more but is not a happy traveler. When we take her to the VET we need to give her a canine Xanax. Not sure what it is called but it calms her right down to a dull roar. :yum:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I think that we're all in the same boat here.

We have one dog, the labradoodle, that loves the truck, loves the car and loves the RV. She doesn't settle, slobbers a bit and sticks her nose up the a/c vent but there is no way that you are going anywhere without her. She's a little territorial but once properly introduced she's the friendliest thing imaginable.

The other one …. not so much. She can barf before you reach the front gate. She does a bit better in the truck where she can wedge herself in between the front and the back seats. I wonder if putting her in a crate in the RV might work. I'll try that soon. She's no problem at the vet as long as she can see me or I hold her head while the vet does his dirty work. She's a little timid and is basically a woos. She's very dependent and loving but deep down has a highly developed protective streak. If she thinks that my wife or I are being threatened a switch flips and you better grab her. I don't think that she would ever bite anyone but when that ruff goes up across her shoulders and all down her back, she'll scare the crap out of people. Not really a bad thing when you live out in the country.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My dog, a 40 pound Lab/Australian Shepard mix used to get sick in the car/truck within a mile of leaving the house. It took her a bit of time (maybe a year) but now she's great in all vehicles (be it car, truck, ATV riding in the rear cage or RTV). We've gone on 4+ hour trips and she has no problems.

It's funny, especially with the truck. If I open the door or tailgate, she's expecting we're going somewhere. She'll be right there ready to hop in. If I'm just preparing and walk away from the truck, she'll lay down right next to the truck and stay there, sometimes for hours waiting for her ride. She gets pissed if you leave without her.