• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Started on the shed

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
First job, to remove the old shelter. No worries, on the trailer with it, and move it.
Got the area almost levelled. I had help today, and boy did we get alot done. About 2x what I hoped. Need to finish levelling tomorrow. Wodd being delivered on Tuesday.
Sorry about speeling, had drinks, tired

BoneheadNW

Drinks? Do you mean a spot of tea and crumpets? How about some cucumber sandwiches? Have any plans for faggots tonight?
Bonehead

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
ExLax Jimbo!!! Headway is being made. Keep up the show, I wanna know, ya know.:thumb::burp::burp::tiphat:

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
BoneheadNW said:
Drinks? Do you mean a spot of tea and crumpets? How about some cucumber sandwiches? Have any plans for faggots tonight?
Bonehead
Crumpets? What the crap are crumpets?:hide::confused2::yum::burp::tiphat:

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Bone, tea? Erm, yea, tea.... :whistle:
Actually, now that you mention it, I really do fancy a nice crumpet, oozing melted butter.......

John, I have no idea what crumpets are made of, or how to describe them, but they are real nice! :D

BTW, it took about 4 hours to move all the stuff out of that shelter, its a real eye opener how much stuff you actually have!

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mith said:
BTW, it took about 4 hours to move all the stuff out of that shelter, its a real eye opener how much stuff you actually have!

Does the above statement even make you think of reconsidering the size to make the new shed.........:D

Good Luck

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Big Dog said:
Does the above statement even make you think of reconsidering the size to make the new shed.........:D
Good Luck

Yes :(

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Levelled the area, and 6 of the 7 posts are in and levelled.

Attachments

• 23-07-06_2112.jpg
    23-07-06_2112.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 119

BoneheadNW

Ah, a shed. Brings back some great memories. Nothing like a nice shed to protect oneself from the elements, and, given the proper doors, from beasts also.:hide: Sheds can also be great places to store things.

Are you going to name your shed? How about Mitch? Close to Mith, but with an extra "c". Mitch the shed. Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?
Bonehead

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Mitch looks like it's gaining ground. Bravo!!! Keep those photos coming my man!!:burp::burp::burp::tiphat:

BadAttitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dog
Good Luck

Mith said:
and remember...the bigger it is, the more stuff you'll pack into it;)

Looks like your off to a good start. :thumb:

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Bone, Mitch? How about Titch, its going to be very small when everything is in there :yum:
Sheds are also great places to hide the 'secret stash' that is only consumed at times of emergency.

I cut the posts so the walls can fit straight in.
Didnt do much else. Spent most my time welding some benches for my Dad, and mowing what little of the lawn that isnt covered with junk.

Wood coming tomorrow :D
BTW, its back up and hot again, having been overcast on sunday, and throwing it down with rain on saturday (when we moved the shelter).

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Timber arrived at 2pm. At 4pm today...
DSCF0831.jpg

By 7pm we had all 3 walls up. We started cutting the boarding for the back wall. Going to put that up on the wall tomorrow, and maybe fix the walls in place. Its much bigger than I expected. The bottom of the window is above my head, skylight? :D Walls are 2.5m tall.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looking good Jim!

Will the windows still be over your head once you get some fill or stone in there?

Mith said:
By 7pm we had all 3 walls up.
Ahhh. Looking at the picture, I think someone stole a couple of your walls. :whistle:

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
That is the floor level, there will be a skirt around the bottom of the walls.

I didnt get a photo of all the walls up, too dark.

BTW, it was 35C (95F) today, hot......

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Mith, I hear it is warm over there. Are you going to install an Air-Conditioner unit in it? :bitterCol

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Ice, I sure cant complain about the weather that much. I dont mind rain, but sun is nicer.

Bob, air conditioning is for wussies, and people who dont like getting hot, like me. Give it a few months and I'll be crying for a heater.
We have the paddling pool out, I take a dip in it if it is too hot.
BTW, I know what it is like to be you now, I stepped on a saw yesterday and sliced my foot up a bit.

BoneheadNW

Mith said:
BTW, I know what it is like to be you now, I stepped on a saw yesterday and sliced my foot up a bit.
Unless you did it while wearing a cheezy-looking Hawaiian shirt, posting on FF, eating some eastern european food made out of pig parts that even they didn't know they had, THEN you would know what it was like to be Bob.:yankchain:
Bonehead

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
BoneheadNW said:
Unless you did it while wearing a cheezy-looking Hawaiian shirt, posting on FF, eating some eastern european food made out of pig parts that even they didn't know they had, THEN you would know what it was like to be Bob.:yankchain:
Bonehead
First, my Hawaiian shirts are NOT the cheezy looking kind.
Second, my dad was a butcher and he taught me all the parts of a pig (and a goat, a cow, and a lamb), but if the pig is too stupid to know he has the 'parts' then that is not my problem.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
HEY, on me, anything looks good (well compared to me, anything looks good) :confused2:

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Waiting for more wood now. Nearly done.

It has been exactly a week since we started thinking about building it.

DSCF0834.jpg

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Mith said:
Waiting for more wood now. Nearly done.

It has been exactly a week since we started thinking about building it.

To all you people who don't have to worry about snow loads....

You suck. :respect:

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Not sure how big snow loads are, but each of those trusses hols my weight without flexing.

Its about 10' tall, you can see the 6' scaffold in there. I think its a bit too tall, but whos complining........

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Good job, Mith :a1:

It got me wondering, though..... What size is a "2x4" in the UK ?

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
pixie, thanks
Go and order a 2x4, or a 50x100 and you get the same thing. Most people work in both inches and metric.
Oddly, the boarding on the outside is 6" wide, but the shed walls are 2200mm tall.
The shed is made from 2x3, or 50x75.

yesterday, as were were putting the roof trusses on, I was standing on the scaffold at one end of the shed, Dave was on the ladder at the other end.
He had the tape measure, that I needed. I was holding onto a roof truss, mainly for balance. He chucked the measure tape at me to catch, about the same time that I yelled 'cant catch!' the tape measure hit me right in the eye :pat: Gave us a bit of a laugh, as I climbed down the scaffold to get the tape measure........