• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

RANT: What the hell do I have a mailbox for??

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We live on a rural route so the mail person drives a truck delivering mail. On Wednesday May 30th in the morning we put an envelope in the box for pick up. Raised the little red flag like we're supposed to. That day they delivered new mail but left the envelope in the box and left the flag up. Same on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. They keep stuffing new mail in the box but refuse to pick up the outgoing mail. This has happened 4 times that I know of maybe more, can't remember.

WTH is going on with the USPS?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Perhaps your route delivery person is an idiot and doesn't know what the flag up means.
Or, they're just lazy.
Call the PO and complain.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Many USPS drivers really suck. Our normal carrier is awesome but she's out on maternity leave so we have an alternate.

Someone sent a letter to someone but addressed to our house. I put it back in the box with a post-it saying return to sender as there's nobody at our house by that name. Put the flag up. She took the envelope and put it in our adjoining mailbox (a very large one for packages). Ummm, both boxes have the same house #. No idea what she was thinking. This time I wrote all over the envelope to return to sender.

Our old carrier was horrific. I'd watch her throw my packages out her vehicle window.

Call your postmaster. When I had lots of problems (with the old carrier), she took care of it. No reason they shouldn't be taking outgoing mail. You did have a stamp on it, right?

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I used to have the phone number for the Postmaster for our area. Of course can't find it. Yes the proper postage was on it.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
If it makes you feel any better, Jerry, when I first moved here, I filled out that official change of address form.

They were still sending some of my mail to my old addresses.
I mean important stuff, not just coupon flyers etc.
I had to go to and do it again.

I know Ty has put the flag up on our box to send stuff and it's always down and taken.

Hope you get it sorted.
Sounds frustrating.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Hope you get it sorted.
Sounds frustrating.
Yes it is frustrating. If we get mail that is for someone that does not live here, we always put RTS NOT AT THIS ADDRESS on it, they refuse to pick that up too.

I end up pitching it in the recycle bin.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm gonna suggest that the more we insist on diversity hiring, the lower will be the quality of the work performed by those hired to meet the quotas of "diversity" instead of the "performance of excellence."

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I feel very lucky for our rural route delivery mailman. He takes great care of us. Our red flag broke off and he still picks up mail. If we didn't have a stamp and put it in with more change than needed (for a tip for him) he still makes change. We don't do that often but twice that I can think of. If the package is to big he brings it up to the house ..and if we are not home he'll put it in a plastic bag or in a vehicle if one is there. There are good ones out there. May you be so lucky as to get one of them.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The gal that delivers ours used to be a cashier at Kroger years ago.
First time she delivered some radio parts for Ty I said, hey! I know you but from where?
She told me then said I've got a good memory lol

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm with Doc. We've had the same rural delivery mail lady for 20 years. If the parcel is too big for the mail box she'll run it up to the front door and leave it where it is covered and protected. Since we don't use the front door much and she knows it and she knows my wife very well, she has been known to leave a voice mail message telling us it is there. She's a gem.